Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday went out to the 1/8 mile with LXforum group, 3 chargers, 2 meg.
I ran 4 times average of high 8 low 9's. I decided to go with the bracket 3 which was 8.00-8.99. got beat by a RT (rainman, practice run) I was still at the light when it went green, should not do that, first time at the track. My last run was a 7.99 with a 2.1 60ft mark, I broke out so I got to watch everyone else. Lots of fun and will do again next season.

the tree is much harder then it looks.

Adam

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Experience Adam, experience...yeah, I don't have much either! I dialed in too low last Friday , and got beat by a stinging fast Monte Carlo SS which ran 9.73 seconds. Hey, but i had fun!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh how I gree, much fun. I must practice. I must go faster or hit the brakes next time and the other lane brake out. It was all good.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't come over here much and just found this. I was with that group and we had a blast. I prefer the 1/4 mile but this is a lot closer to home. I was running low 8.2 and high 8.1 with traction being a big issue. DR's next year for sure. Adam had a blast, the big smile on his face was priceless. He definitley improved as the night went on. Looking forward to next year. Oh, did I say I brought home a TROPHY?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Last Friday went out to the 1/8 mile with LXforum group, 3 chargers, 2 meg.
I ran 4 times average of high 8 low 9's. I decided to go with the bracket 3 which was 8.00-8.99. got beat by a RT (rainman, practice run) I was still at the light when it went green, should not do that, first time at the track. My last run was a 7.99 with a 2.1 60ft mark, I broke out so I got to watch everyone else. Lots of fun and will do again next season.

the tree is much harder then it looks.

Adam
You mean you ran 8.99 on the last run? Seems hard to run a 7.99 when you have been running high 8's and low 9's, or was that the group average?? To run a 7.99 with a 2.1 60', you would have to be sprayin it, but a 7.99 or better is possible with an SRT and some good cold weather.
Going to the Track is alot of fun and it is very addictive for sure. A few nights ago I posted a 8.17 @ 87mph and 1.85 60'. Lots of fun.
Post up some time slips so we can see your progress.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You mean you ran 8.99 on the last run? Seems hard to run a 7.99 when you have been running high 8's and low 9's, or was that the group average?? To run a 7.99 with a 2.1 60', you would have to be sprayin it, but a 7.99 or better is possible with an SRT and some good cold weather.
Going to the Track is alot of fun and it is very addictive for sure. A few nights ago I posted a 8.17 @ 87mph and 1.85 60'. Lots of fun.
Post up some time slips so we can see your progress.
I was there and Adam has a CSRT. It was his first time ever at the track. He got better with every run. His last run was 7.99 which is where he should be at. My buddies MSRT is running that. I ran hi 8.1's with an R/T. My 60ft isn't where it should be due to traction issues. Once I hook it goes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was there and Adam has a CSRT. It was his first time ever at the track. He got better with every run. His last run was 7.99 which is where he should be at. My buddies MSRT is running that. I ran hi 8.1's with an R/T. My 60ft isn't where it should be due to traction issues. Once I hook it goes.
you guys must have some work done to your cars or some mods. If you run under a 8.20 et with a 2.xx 60' you are getting some extra horsepower in the top end. I'm not saying he is lying. If he (and you) say he ran a 7.99 then I have no cause to doubt you. Im just sayin post up some slips so we can see all the numbers and track how you do. Also tell us what steps you took to run so good. Im always lookin for some tips to use myself at the track.

·
Registered
261 Posts
you guys must have some work done to your cars or some mods. If you run under a 8.20 et with a 2.xx 60' you are getting some extra horsepower in the top end. I'm not saying he is lying. If he (and you) say he ran a 7.99 then I have no cause to doubt you. Im just sayin post up some slips so we can see all the numbers and track how you do. Also tell us what steps you took to run so good. Im always lookin for some tips to use myself at the track.
I believe Adam is stock except of an air intake that uses the factory hood scoop. He was running right with the MSRT which only has a CAI. Those along with the other Magnum R/T and two Daytona Chargers and my R/T were running faster than we did in August. The temp was colder. I think low 60's. It did make a difference. My mods are Mopar headers, Borla exhaust, Superchips and my Ram Air hood for intake. I've run 13.8 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks boogie for the support!

Yes, all stock except CAI with work scoop. I thought 7.99 was slow, I guess not. will try to post slip.

I put the car in drive, esp off (not totally), rev about 1000-1500rpm and hit the gas. The fun part was finding my light switch before the corner. Got to remember to turn on before leaving the line.

Hoping for the Predator for Christmas :grin: and E-cutouts for my B-day and should be ready for spring fun.

I just love my 4dr
Adam

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here the slip, found it.

Well Christmas was early, saved money on well pump and the boss let me order the Predator, I'm a happy man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.