Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time ever 1/4, and I'm hooked! Love the car! love the Diablo.

Temp about 58*, track temp about 9*

Stock except diablo, Cai.

1/4 - 12.877
60' - 2.112
mph - 110
R/T - .202

Need to work all but not back for first time. What a rush!

·
Registered
416 Posts
wow, now that must be a rush. Great time!!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome to the Addiction!!!!!!!

I didn't get to go this weekend and I am suffering withdrawals!!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could this be true?
Your dodge weighs about 4490 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 12.87 seconds. That means that you've got about 416.29 HP at the wheels, and about 541.18 HP at the flywheel.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Could this be true?
Your dodge weighs about 4490 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 12.87 seconds. That means that you've got about 416.29 HP at the wheels, and about 541.18 HP at the flywheel.
Depends on who's calculation you're using to convert the ET/MPH into HP/TQ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
used 3 difference calculation from a search on the web, they were all the same.
Cant wait till next year, I'm hooked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Online calcs are so wrong they should not even be in existence.

How do online calcs deal with aerodynamics?
How do online calcs deal with automatics vs. manuals in regard to loss of rwhp?

Most manual cars are in the 10%-12% range. Most automatic cars are in the 14%-17% range. These auto cars are not high stall, non-locking converters which can be as high as 25%-30% range.

The only way to get a real rwhp number is on a Dynojet...it cares nothing about you cars weight...just how fast can you turn those drums.

My car weighs 3600 lbs (not curbweight which people like to use, which is a lie) and it runs and dyno's in the sig (also, I was short shifting @ 6000 rpm instead of taking it to 7200 rpm).

My old Lightning weighed 4700 lbs (on a accurate scale) and made 419/477 @ the wheels and ran a best of [email protected]

Those calcs are failing you eh?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Online calcs are so wrong they should not even be in existence.

How do online calcs deal with aerodynamics?
How do online calcs deal with automatics vs. manuals in regard to loss of rwhp?

Most manual cars are in the 10%-12% range. Most automatic cars are in the 14%-17% range. These auto cars are not high stall, non-locking converters which can be as high as 25%-30% range.

The only way to get a real rwhp number is on a Dynojet...it cares nothing about you cars weight...just how fast can you turn those drums.

My car weighs 3600 lbs (not curbweight which people like to use, which is a lie) and it runs and dyno's in the sig (also, I was short shifting @ 6000 rpm instead of taking it to 7200 rpm).

My old Lightning weighed 4700 lbs (on a accurate scale) and made 419/477 @ the wheels and ran a best of [email protected]

Those calcs are failing you eh?
Looks like you have a nasty camaro...

As per your comment that these calculators and calculations should not exist, I disagree.

Used for what they are designed to do the actually work fairly well. I know of 4 different calculations to determine bhp/tq and 1/4 mile speed/ET. Remember that in the 60's, when the first calculations came out, cars did not have the dynamic energy capabilities our cars have today so the calculations required were not that complex. Huntingtons formula (MPH = 225 (hp/weight)^1/3 and ET = 6.290 (weight/hp)^1/3) is basic and provides higher estimates. Fox's formula (MPH = 230 (hp/weight)^1/3 and ET = 6.269 (weight/hp)^1/3) does a better job with calculating 1/4 mile et's and MPH when your power plant provides more than 500 whp. Hale's (of the Quarterjr fame) formula (MPH = 234 (hp/weight)^1/3 and ET = 5.825 (weight/hp)^1/3) is good if you're running drag radials. Finally there is the Road and Track calculations aka. LRT (MPH = 213.83 (hp/weight)^0.3003 and ET = 7.4499 (weight/hp)^0.2545) which is great for stock, below 500 whp cars.

Yes, you'll never be bang on, but if you average the formulas and use reasonable judgement (as sparse as it is) you can come very very close.

Hell, there are probably 100's of calculations based off of these that are out there. I love math and thus excel spreadsheet race often.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mods are Diablo, CAI with scoop, 180 stat. Thats it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts