Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This saturday i went to AutoPark DragWay in Fontana, CA and i ran. 14.2 at 99.5 mph with a .076 RT a 2.185 60' and a 9.2 in the 1/8 mile. All with half tank of gas.

I was wondering if this was a good run in 75degree weather and a DA of ~3000ft.
I have an 06 RT cai 91 diablo tuned and drag radials.

I read somewhere that at a lower altitude my time would have been about 13.8...
Is that accurate?

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well your times are not bad as FONTANA is 1% or 13 ft up hill. The guys who run at IRWINDALE in the summit series say that FONTANA in the 1/8 mile is .2 slower than IRWINDALE and .3 slower than BAKERFIELD in the 1/4 mile. Another problem is FONTANA altitude of 1275 ft as IRWINDALE is 380 ft and BAKERFIELD is 625 ft. It seems that the money they spent of that sound barrier wall they could of made the track level lol. Here was the highest DA sat @ 2:30PM.

temperature: 84 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 28.259 Hg
humidity: 16 %
vapor pressure: 1.176 Hg
dew point: 33.093 deg f
grains: 29.2
air density: 89.679 %
density altitude: 3,682.373 ft

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Download the drag times app and you can correct your time and figure out what the da is for the track in real time. A really good tool for dialing in.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it calculated 13.449

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With all of the info you gave me the da was ~5200
It said corrected would be 13.4 at 104mph

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
That time is right on target with a half tank of gas in a stockish motor!!! Very Nice. work on your launch and you will get faster!!!!

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks dudes. I thought .076 was almost perfect launch but idk.
And PLUM, if you havent noticed ive been doing, little by little, the same mods you have and btw thanks for the advice on the DRs a while back. What a difference! I had a new stock challenger SRT8 ****tin' his pants for about 3/4 of the 1/4 mile that run.. Then he passed me but it felt damn good for about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
How did the tired fit?

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They rubbed alot when i put them on while the car was up but when i dropped it down , it was a dream! Only rubbed the inner tire on the inside of the rear wheel wells toward the front a little ( a 1/2 inch wide 3 inch long burn mark and with small 1/2x1/2 inch burn marks on the ribbed section) but after using a heat gun and pushing back the melted plastic, it was fine. Ha just be sure not to heat it too much like i did on one of the wheel wells as the plastic will melt and separate, exposing the sharp metal frame which the plastic of the wheel well shields. Overall the 305 45 18 Nitto NT05R tires are great and traction was flawless!

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cant wait to post my time slip with the new mods!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Awesome bro, get to test out my new setup in 2 weeks. Gotta install my aluminum rear links and purge kit this weekend to get ready.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What's your new setup if i may ask? Also, with my new setup to be( big valve heads, spartan plus cam, 3500 stall, srt8 headers and mids, 180 tstat)what are your thoughts on adding a nitrous kit? Lets say, 125 shot or 175 shot? You think i could hit 11s or would my gearing and axles get demolished?

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
New 18'' drag wheels all around and bumping up to a 125 shot. Also lost another 20lbs with the new wheels. You don't wanna go over 150 shot on a stock bottom end. 11s should be doable with a little juice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts