Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully installed my first K&N CAI along with a stage 2 jet chip. All went well. I have heard alot of people hate on jet chip (prior to purchasing it) but I have personally noticed alot more pep after unplugging the neg battery cable for about 10 min, then getting out on the road and doing a few 0-80 runs at wide open throttle. Everything seems much more responsive. I have a 180 tstat on the way. Any ideas on getting prepped to have some fun at the track in spring time? Exhuast headers are already part of the plan!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Get some 17 inch rims and drag radials.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I successfully installed my first K&N CAI along with a stage 2 jet chip. All went well. I have heard alot of people hate on jet chip (prior to purchasing it) but I have personally noticed alot more pep after unplugging the neg battery cable for about 10 min, then getting out on the road and doing a few 0-80 runs at wide open throttle. Everything seems much more responsive. I have a 180 tstat on the way. Any ideas on getting prepped to have some fun at the track in spring time? Exhuast headers are already part of the plan!
Probably noticed more pep because you reset the computer...honestly man sell that chip and get a tuner. It's practically the same price (sometimes cheaper if used) and you can actually customize it to best match your needs instead of a one-size-fits-all mod...

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Throw the jet chip into the nearest lake and get the Diablo... you will thank us later.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Stumblin Steve, could I just have a pro tune it with the chip still installed?
I wouldn't want to mix the two, pick one or the other having a Jet Chip and a tuner will contradict each other probably end up screwing up the computer and costing yourself a lot more money and headache than needed. Better to have your car tuned to stock first so you have it saved in the tuner so whenever you decide to sell or something you can bring it back to stock. Then tune the car with a reputable tuner, you'll get that power increase plus all the lovely customizing options.

With a tuner you can actually log what your engine is doing too and what tune works best for your specific car. Not only that but you can use a modified stock tune so you don't have to use 91/93 octane you can stick with 89 and still get performance unlike the Jet Chip that demand either 91 or 93 octane.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Don't bother putting in a 180* thermostat unless you have a tuner like the DiabloSport to reset the fan speeds. Otherwise the fans won't run at the new temp and the value of the t-stat will be completely lost since the engine will still run at the factory temperature settings unless you are moving at speed.

Jet chip+ $4 will still only get you coffee at Starbucks...nothing more.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What model of the Diablo am I in need of? I think I may get exhaust headers before moving on to another chip/tuner. I have unitl spring time until the track opens. I also know that chips and tuners are alot more productive once you have all the little things done first. CAI, performance exhaust, headers, etc.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
What model of the Diablo am I in need of? I think I may get exhaust headers before moving on to another chip/tuner. I have unitl spring time until the track opens. I also know that chips and tuners are alot more productive once you have all the little things done first. CAI, performance exhaust, headers, etc.
Either one will do you. One has more features and cost more :)

Depending on your model Charger, there's also the Diablo Predator which comes up for sale from time to time. Just ensure it's unmarried from it's former ride.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
OP - as stated, the Jet Chip is crap. when you read about people "hating" on it, there was very good reason why. as previously mentioned, a tuner will allow you much more growth down the line if your modding lists grows, especially beyond basic bolt-on's (cai, exhaust, etc).

fwiw - i actually have a diablosport predator that is unmarried from my car that i would be more than happy to make you a good deal on. it would even come with the cable to plug into your pc.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
OP - as stated, the Jet Chip is crap. when you read about people "hating" on it, there was very good reason why. as previously mentioned, a tuner will allow you much more growth down the line if your modding lists grows, especially beyond basic bolt-on's (cai, exhaust, etc).

fwiw - i actually have a diablosport predator that is unmarried from my car that i would be more than happy to make you a good deal on. it would even come with the cable to plug into your pc.
:beerchug: That's always a big plus!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts