Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,

i got my first scratch on my black SRT 8 "The Beast". its a very small white line near the bottom of the drivers door.

any tips on removal?

best regards,

wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
ok guys,

i got my first scratch on my black SRT 8 "The Beast". its a very small white line near the bottom of the drivers door.

any tips on removal?

best regards,

wayne
can you post a pic of the scratch? depending on how deep it is you may be able to use some rubbing compound to take it out. then just wax after. if that doesn't work, take it up to your local carwash/detail center show it to them and see if they can't buff it out.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
ok guys,

any tips on removal?
best regards,
wayne
If you cannot feel it with your fingernail, a good polish will take care of it. If it is deeper than that, may require some more professional care.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have a black SXT and let me tell you, get ready for more scratches. It seems like the smallest things show up much worse on the black. I had a red Charger last year and did not notice scratches the way I do with the black. In 2 months I've noticed about 4 scratches (none inflicted by me), none visible to other people but I know they are there and they drive me crazy. Let us know if you find anything that works other than professional care.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Unless i'm missing something how come you guys aren't reccomending touch up paint? If the scratch is light the factory coded touch up paint should work perfectly fine. Why would someone need to get their car detailed for what seems to be a very minor scratch?

Detailing is usually done over the years as more small scratches appear. Nothing wrong with getting a car detailed professionally after owning it a few years -- but for a single small scratch -- that's major overkill and factory colored touch up paint should work fine -- $6 or so for a bottle.

By the way, I also have a Black R/T -- Pearl Black is the color i'm assuming you have as well? If so, it was suggested earlier today that paint is sold at "AUTOZONE." I do have one EXTREMELY small scratch that I can see -- but that's so small it's silly. I figured I'd get some touch up paint to have just in case I need it for the future. I did call Autozone but the guy I spoke to didn't sound like he knew too much. I'll go in there tomorrow and see if they have it -- apparently the do and it's $6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts