Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Speedworld last night with some of the gang and got in 4 runs. I'm pretty pleased although I really wanted to hit 13. Maybe next time! :)

Run 1 @ 9:36PM
9.440 @ 77.577
14.479 @ 98.490

Run 2 @ 10:04PM
9.327 @ 77.209
14.392 @ 97.663

Run 3 @ 10:42PM
9.456 @ 77.226
14.529 @ 97.716

Run 4 @ 11:22
9.383 @ 77.890
14.393 @ 99.119

Can someone explain to me why I had the fastest time at the slowest speed? :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
:clap: :clap:

Great job girl!

-Lynne

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Very Nice!!!

Bracket racing right now. Time trials ran a 13.444 and a 13.451. First round won with another personal best of 13.371 at 103.77 mph.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lynne & Doug! I so wanted to get in the 13's but no luck. One good thing is that none of the other guys hit it either. Must have been a bad track. (I wish!) :)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Went to Speedworld last night with some of the gang and got in 4 runs. I'm pretty pleased although I really wanted to hit 13. Maybe next time! :)

Run 1 @ 9:36PM
9.440 @ 77.577
14.479 @ 98.490

Run 2 @ 10:04PM
9.327 @ 77.209
14.392 @ 97.663

Run 3 @ 10:42PM
9.456 @ 77.226
14.529 @ 97.716

Run 4 @ 11:22
9.383 @ 77.890
14.393 @ 99.119

Charger Chick

It is about time you went to the track.
Was that your 1st time there ?
Have you EVER raced anything else before your Plum ?

As for your question, How did you Charger run it's Lowest ET with the
Slowest MPH, that is simple LOOK at your 60 foot time. On that run you pulled off a 2.238 sixty foot time. You must be spinning your tires HARD or your motor is to hot.....Compare your times to CHERRY, especially my 60 foot time.

Go to: How to Drag Race the Right Way and read my Sticky.

Regards
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
Too funny. The analyst in me noted that before I even got to your comment. Seems counter-intuitive to me too... :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charger Chick

It is about time you went to the track.
Was that your 1st time there ?
Have you EVER raced anything else before your Plum ?

As for your question, How did you Charger run it's Lowest ET with the
Slowest MPH, that is simple LOOK at your 60 foot time. On that run you pulled off a 2.238 sixty foot time. You must be spinning your tires HARD or your motor is to hot.....Compare your times to CHERRY, especially my 60 foot time.

Go to: How to Drag Race the Right Way and read my Sticky.

Regards
Chuck
Hey Chuck! I was hoping you'd see this post! This is my first time in this car. I ran the SXT once before and had 16.2 as my best time. Last night I was spinning my wheels like crazy and the other guys said the same thing too. None of the others were happy with their times (other than the SRT's..they are always stinkin' happy) :)

Each run I tried something different. ESP on, ESP off, just slam on the gas, do the power brake. As you can see....each time was pretty consistant. But I'll read your tips and see what you suggest! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
You go girl!!!! You rock :)
I havent gotten that brave yet....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I spun much less by letting my tire pressure down to 26lbs.

C.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Each run I tried something different. ESP on, ESP off, just slam on the gas, do the power brake. As you can see....each time was pretty consistant. But I'll read your tips and see what you suggest! :)

Nice Pics.... You go girl!!!!!! LMAO... that's exactly what I do.... try it all!!! :lol:

You'll only get better :grin: !!!! So are you addicted?

I'm definitely not an expert but when I got under 14 I did the following:

- ESP off
- Auto Stick on (just let it red-line and shift)
- Took out trunk liner, spare, and jack (Definitely made a difference. I was doing 14.0X and last week when I emptied the trunk... below 14.)
- Put ice on the engine to cool it down (engine temp was 130 when I pulled into staging lane)
- Power brake, RPM's = 1500
- Just slam on the gas.... LOL... Chuck will disagree but I don't have the "shoulder roll" down...
- Back tire pressure to 24 lbs and front to 44 lbs
- 25 cent fan mod

Oh... lesson learned, if you do the 25 cent fan mod... pull it every once in awhile so you don't drain your battery and need a jump... very embarrassing :embarrese, especially when you are one of few chicks at the track racing. You can just see the dudes thinking "what a women".... LOL....

Looking forward to hearing about your next time!!!

Wendy

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Nice Pics.... You go girl!!!!!! LMAO... that's exactly what I do.... try it all!!! :lol:

Chuck will disagree but I don't have the "shoulder roll" down...
- 25 cent fan mod

Oh... lesson learned, if you do the 25 cent fan mod... pull it every once in awhile so you don't drain you battery and need a jump... very embarrassing :embarrese, especially when you are one of few chicks at the track racing. You can just see the dudes thinking "what a women".... LOL....

Wendy

Not to worry WENDY, I have killed the battery in CHERRY at the track as well.
The funny part of the story is I knew it would happen sooner or later.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Not to worry WENDY, I have killed the battery in CHERRY at the track as well.
The funny part of the story is I knew it would happen sooner or later.

Chuck
The funny part of my story is you told me more than once "you may want to pull your fan mod" and my response was "uhh.... I think I'm ok.... I'll let it run".... Oh by the way, I'm a little on the stubborn side, learn my lessons on my own :lol:.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hmmmmm.... just noticed I'm now a Senior Member :lol:.....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The funny part of my story is you told me more than once "you may want to pull your fan mod" and my response was "uhh.... I think I'm ok.... I'll let it run".... Oh by the way, I'm a little on the stubborn side, learn my lessons on my own :lol:.
Well then there are two lessons that you have learned at the Drag Strip then.
You should listen to what I try to teach and that Inferno Red Chargers are QUICKER than SUBLIMES.........:smoke:

BANG

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those times don't look too bad for a stock vehicle and being her first time.. It'll only get better from here! :rockon:
It's not stock anymore. I have the Volant CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, and Superchips. That's why I was disappointed that I didn't hit 13. :(

I spun much less by letting my tire pressure down to 26lbs.

C.
I'll have to try that next time. Tires were probably at 35lbs.

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I'm definitely not an expert but when I got under 14 I did the following:

- ESP off
- Auto Stick on (just let it red-line and shift)
- Took out trunk liner, spare, and jack (Definitely made a difference. I was doing 14.0X and last week when I emptied the trunk... below 14.)
- Put ice on the engine to cool it down (engine temp was 130 when I pulled into staging lane)
- Power brake, RPM's = 1500
- Just slam on the gas.... LOL... Chuck will disagree but I don't have the "shoulder roll" down...
- 25 cent fan mod

Oh... lesson learned, if you do the 25 cent fan mod... pull it every once in awhile so you don't drain your battery and need a jump... very embarrassing :embarrese, especially when you are one of few chicks at the track racing. You can just see the dudes thinking "what a women".... LOL....

Wendy
I am SOOOO addicted! I can't wait to go again!!! :)

Thanks for the tips! I should have done more reading before going. I would have let some air out of the tires and removed everything out of the trunk. :)

I'm gonna get that 13! :D

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I'm gonna get that 13! :D
You do, and I'll be divorced.

From spending money on the engine, because I'm not going to let a girl beat the pimp mobile, LOL

Your times were very similar to mine

1 - 20 of 42 Posts