Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see family over Thanskgiving and took the Charger. Left the house with 870 miles on the clock from the Atlanta area heading to High Point NC. Most of the trip was interstate up I-85. As soon as I hit the interstate, I reset the trip MPG readout. Totally stock 2019 RT with a BT catch can installed. Tires at 35 psi cold. Ran about 5 over the posted limted when possible, (there were lots of "other" Chargers out as well, with light bars). I was not expecting this. Left with 3/4 tank, refilled at 1/4 and the range was 415 miles. Next tank I filled just shortly after the low fuel light came on and the range was 485. All in all went about 900 miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Sticker showed 26 highway. Never would have though I'd see 30.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The 392 gets about that too. I'll get 30 mpg at 70 all the time in the Challenger and the Charger has better aero.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Calculate by hand. Get you real number. The "gauges" are not that accurate.
My RT will pull 23.x on a 275 mile 1 way trip all HW at 75 with the AC on.
My normal driving I get like 12....lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yeah, you need to check by hand to confirm what the readout says. Also, I believe the average fuel economy is only calculated up to the last 250 miles.

I keep track of my fuel mileage and what the computer says. Over the past 50k miles the average discrepancy between actual and what the computer says is ~2.3% overestimation with numerous times over 10% overestimation. These readouts aren't the most accurate.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Previous mileage subtracted from todays mileage, I press the divide symbol and then enter todays gallons,
press equal symbol and it gives me the mileage.between todays fill up and previous fill up.

Almost always I beat the advertised mileage of 19..... The electronic guage on the dash also shows better than 19 mpg.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I realize the dash readout is only based on the average, and it fluxuates as you drive. But I've had good results doing a reset after I get moving on the highway with other cars. But thanks for the heads up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts