Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally caught up with me. I had my first problem with my charger this week. The infamous brake rotors. Just turned 20,000 miles and started to get a shudder in the front while braking above 40 mph. Took it in to dealer, they turned one rotor but the other one was so warped they said they would have to order a set. I asked if they could get a set of the slotted ones that the SRT-8's are getting. He(service manager) said he would check into it. Hopefully he will be able to get them.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
You could always order a set of slotted rotors from tirerack.com, but they're not cheap for our cars. Plain ol' non-slotted Brembos are also available (for about half the price), but you need to special order them. Is the dealer paying for the party even with 20k miles on the originals?

Best,

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the call from the dealer today. They got rotors in, service man told me they are the "police package, heavy duty" rotors. Said they look just like the ones that are on it. Said that is what Chrysler will pay for. Going down (Ontario-72 miles) on Monday to get them installed. Was wondering, should I be pushing for new pads also, since I'm getting new rotors?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
yes, that's stupid to do rotors without pads, it is a 10 dollar or less cost to the dealer to do pads, trust me I worked at one.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I have noticed that I have been getting that shudder as well right around 40mph. Sounds like its time for a trip to the dealership . . . .

I have about 8,000 more miles than you do. Anybody know if I am gonna have a problem since I have a few more miles???

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got back from the dealer yesterday. They put the "heavy duty, police package" rotors and pads on (didn't look any different, but the part #'s stamped on the rotors were diff). Service manager said he would submit the pads along with the rotors saying he didn't think there would be any issues. Didn't cost me anything yet. The tech boogered up half the lug nuts and had to replace the other half of them though. Watch out for that if you take it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts