Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought the wife a new DD! It's an 07 Black SRT8. I bought it as a demo with 2,200 miles on it. I think it has pretty much everything. It is the option 3 package. I think I got a pretty good deal at $38,000.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
708 Posts
Bought the wife a new DD! It's an 07 Black SRT8. I bought it as a demo with 2,200 miles on it. I think it has pretty much everything. It is the option 3 package. I think I got a pretty good deal at $38,000. I tried to post some pics for you guys but it wouldn't let me because my post count isn't high enough:cry:
Congrats and welcome from Southern Killafornia!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the heck out of it and be safe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sweet!!! and congrats. Our Plum Crazy is wifes DD also. Its cool being married to a horsepower junkie isn't it. Life is good. Keep the shiny side up!

gary

·
Registered
856 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, you're really going to love it. Hope you get to drive it some, since it's your wife's new driver. lol
Where are you located, what kind of winters do you have where you are?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not her first performance car. She has had a couple of camaro's and an 03 cobra. We currently have a C6 corvette that she drives a good bit!

Can someone point me in the right direction! I have a couple of questions about the 0-60 display. I gained access to it but there are a couple of other features that I'm not sure about. One screen shows your LT and RT tables. Are these adjustable? There is also one with temp readings that is adjustable. Where is a good place to read up on this.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's not her first performance car. She has had a couple of camaro's and an 03 cobra. We currently have a C6 corvette that she drives a good bit!

Can someone point me in the right direction! I have a couple of questions about the 0-60 display. I gained access to it but there are a couple of other features that I'm not sure about. One screen shows your LT and RT tables. Are these adjustable? There is also one with temp readings that is adjustable. Where is a good place to read up on this.
The LT and RT tables are actually your fuel level in pints. The only way I know to adjust them is put some more fuel in or run it out. :grin: Whe it's full the LT will read 80 and the RT will read 72.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wow you must really love your wife to let her drive the SRT8, that would be the last option for me. Then again it seems like you have other cars that are as fast if not faster so your case is a little bit different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the first dodge that I have ever owned. So far I really like it. We didn't buy it for performance! We really like the way that it looked. The SRT is much more aggesive than the standard models. I really didn't care for the auto stick at first but now I find myself using everytime that I drive the car.

The interior at first seemed plain to me because we were coming from an 07 Tahoe LTZ but I find that the charger has more options than the tahoe did. I wish the nav had touch screen like the tahoe but it has way more user options. I was upset that it did not have an ipod interface but I got creative and bought an RCA to mini cable and plugged it into the rear DVD player. Works great for $5!

·
Registered
65 Posts

I too am lucky enough to have a wife that loves American performance cars. She drives the Super Bee as her daily driver. I get to drive it on weekends and during the week if I want. My driving time is split between the Z06, the 70 442 and my GMC Sierra for the crappy weather. No fancy house for us, just nice rides :grin:

Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! So far this seems like a great forum. I just bought a PC 7424 and I am going to try and do some detailing work this weekend. If I get around to it I will post some pics while she is nice and shiney :wax:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts