Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, to find the filter had to take off that plastic inspection plate and then it was very simple! I didn't realize it was 7 quarts unit I put in 5, checked it, then checked the manual for capacities. I'm only gonna use Mobile 1 synthetic 5W20. Now for the next 3000 miles, hehe : ).

Murunga

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mobile 1 Synthetic should be good for 15,000 miles, shouldn't it??? I've never used it but that is what they use in the BMW's that get their oil changed every 15,000 miles...

·
Registered
245 Posts
littleJohnnyfromNJ said:
Mobile 1 Synthetic should be good for 15,000 miles, shouldn't it??? I've never used it but that is what they use in the BMW's that get their oil changed every 15,000 miles...
Thats what they claim, I run M1 in everything I own including my race cars (2 - 2002 BMW's) but I never go over 5K on the street cars and the race cars get changed after every race weekend. For me, oil is cheap compared to what it may and may not protect after it has a lot of miles on it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
My family has so many vehicles, we qualify as an amsoil dealer.

So I'll have the oil changed this week with amsoil 5w-20 synthetic :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
JSA 007 said:
My family has so many vehicles, we qualify as an amsoil dealer.

So I'll have the oil changed this week with amsoil 5w-20 synthetic :D
lol :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
this is my first post, have a silver steel with magnaflow exhaust and knn cai. just a bit of advice for the first time oil change, if synthetic is used in the charger it will eventually disable the cylinder deactivation. dynasaur oil 5 20 is only to be used in this vehicle. my uncle is 35 year dodge mechanic in chicago land area. please check into it. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
cip5150 said:
this is my first post, have a silver steel with magnaflow exhaust and knn cai. just a bit of advice for the first time oil change, if synthetic is used in the charger it will eventually disable the cylinder deactivation. dynasaur oil 5 20 is only to be used in this vehicle. my uncle is 35 year dodge mechanic in chicago land area. please check into it. thanks guys
Any engineers got a take on this. :neutral:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just read the manual and it said that it's fine to use synthetic oil.

pg. 283
"Synthetic Engine Oils
You may use synthetic engine oils provided that the recommended oil quality requirements are met and the recommended maintainance intervals for oil and filter changes are followed."

The only part that affects the MDS is the 5w-20 weight. If you use a different weight, then the MDS won't work right.

"Vehicles equipped with 5.7L engines must use SAE 5w-20 oil. Failure to do so may result in improper operation of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS)."

·
Registered
481 Posts
guys, im just expressing a condition that has arose early at the dealerships. i use synthetic in my 04 ram hemi and was told by him the problems their having. ill talk to him again and see what else he has to say about this. i have 1500 miles on my rt and havent changed the oil yet, but will probably still go with dyno oil. just a heads up, ive read the manual. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
JSA 007 said:
I just read the manual and it said that it's fine to use synthetic oil.

pg. 283
"Synthetic Engine Oils
You may use synthetic engine oils provided that the recommended oil quality requirements are met and the recommended maintainance intervals for oil and filter changes are followed."

The only part that affects the MDS is the 5w-20 weight. If you use a different weight, then the MDS won't work right.

"Vehicles equipped with 5.7L engines must use SAE 5w-20 oil. Failure to do so may result in improper operation of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS)."
Sorry guys, I don't own any trucks. What is Dyno oil? :nerd:

·
Registered
481 Posts
thank you, you dont need to own a truck to know that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts