Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I recently got a 2020 charger scatpack, I’m a little new to the v8 scene. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Don't know what it really needs, seems like it's just about right as is. Maybe some cosmetic mods? I certainly wouldn't do anything to put the warranty at risk. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Break it in and get used to the features including Drive Modes, and handling characteristics before you think you need more power. I second what Skidd, said; cosmetic upgrades and warranty.

The common observation that scat pack owners have is tires. If you have 245 wide tires they will not grab on hard acceleration.

I always make this one suggestion because the car sits so low. Install Scrape Armor Precision Skid Plates

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Window tint, wider tires..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know what it really needs, seems like it's just about right as is. Maybe some cosmetic mods? I certainly wouldn't do anything to put the warranty at risk. Congrats!

Yea man I don’t think I’ll be doing big upgrades any time soon, maybe an oil catch can, tint, and a front lip. Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Break it in and get used to the features including Drive Modes, and handling characteristics before you think you need more power. I second what Skidd, said; cosmetic upgrades and warranty.

The common observation that scat pack owners have is tires. If you have 245 wide tires they will not grab on hard acceleration.

I always make this one suggestion because the car sits so low. Install Scrape Armor Precision Skid Plates
I love the power to be honest, I barely tap the gas and it wants to go, I can feel it lol. What are some good tires man?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I love the power to be honest, I barely tap the gas and it wants to go, I can feel it lol. What are some good tires man?
If you have the stock 20x9's or 29x9.5's (with the Dynamics package) the best you can do safely is 275/40/20. If you have some coin for new wider rear wheels, you can get 20x10.5 or 11's and go as wide as 315/35/20's.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m thinking of getting the rear tires a little more wider, where it’ll sit really clean. I just need to look into suspension

·
Registered
253 Posts
I’m thinking of getting the rear tires a little more wider, where it’ll sit really clean. I just need to look into suspension
Suspension doesn't need to be touched to run 275's at all 4 corners

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Depends what width wheel you have, but with the 9s I know of myself and another on here run 295/45/20 in the rear. Gives a little higher of a sidewall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone tells me to take them off lol honestly they’ve been protecting the bumper from all the scraping coming in & out of my garage. I’m currently saving for a Scrape Armor

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 9" rim and personally running 295's, make sure to get a rear diffuser and a wickerbill to make her booty pop. so my starting suggestions

wickerbill
diffuser
295's
tint
mid muffler delete
oil catch can
intake

to start off 🤪

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I have a 9" rim and personally running 295's, make sure to get a rear diffuser and a wickerbill to make her booty pop. so my starting suggestions

wickerbill
diffuser
295's
tint
mid muffler delete
oil catch can
intake

to start off 🤪
What oil catch can do you suggest? Im currently looking at American Brothers Design, it’s cool cause you can customize it & color match. The intake I haven’t looked into, cold air I’m assuming would be good? I just got it tinted ! I love it, I’ll send a picture once it stops raining 🤦‍♂️. Mid muffler is my next step actually, then later on most likely get a corsa exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What oil catch can do you suggest? Im currently looking at American Brothers Design, it’s cool cause you can customize it & color match. The intake I haven’t looked into, cold air I’m assuming would be good? I just got it tinted ! I love it, I’ll send a picture once it stops raining 🤦‍♂️. Mid muffler is my next step actually, then later on most likely get a corsa exhaust.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I wouldn't mess with a catch can on a brand new car. It's a mod to an emissions device and in FCA's eye, a potential warranty issue. Enjoy your car, a catch can is not needed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts