Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have read some mods discussion on the charger.
But i am curious where to start for some HP gains.
I am looking for something that won't throw CE lights.
Thanks.

dee:alien:

·
Registered
298 Posts
My first mod was the Interior LED's. Must have gave me a 10-15 HP boost for sure. :whistle:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi all, I have read some mods discussion on the charger.
But i am curious where to start for some HP gains.
I am looking for something that won't throw CE lights.
Thanks.

dee:alien:
When you say "some" HP gains, what are you looking for? Even with a good CAI and catback exhaust, you can expect only minimal gains (maybe 10-15 HP between the two.) With a good tuner, another 10-15 HP can be expected. All of this is based on my 5.7 Road and Track. With this being said, what trim level are you running... SE, SXT, R/T or SRT?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yea the modding game is all about how much $$$$ u got. what i wanna do for my car is LT headers, high flow cats, and a cat back exhaust, and maybe a chip. but some people also do cam, heads, NO2, turbo, or super charger. some ppl order crate engines.... lol. the list goes on forever. if u wanna ask any specific questions feel free to PM me

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My first was a cold air intake.

Little bit of HP and sounded killer!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id be very impressed if a CAI and a catback got you anymore than maybe 6 hp... if that?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The add at the bottom of this thread is for K&N and they say a 21hp gain on their fancy air intake on the 5.7 and 6.1 charger. Are they lying?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
huge lie. they smoke crack and then put up those numbers.

seriously tho.. a CAI(cold air induction, or intake) will give you a couple hp. and a cat-back(everything behind your catalytic converters) will give a couple too. not much.

the thing about mods is they sorta stack. freeing up airflow into your engine with a CAI will give you tiny gains there, but also your exhaust will have tiny gains from that. its like an exponential deal.

but yea.... as far as starting... waht kinda budget are you looking at? big small, 20 year old poor ass like me.... shrug. if u can give even a broad idea of what your looking to spend there is a lot of input that can be given.

personally i just ordered a superchip(for just over 300 bucks) that will give a minimum of 10 hp... prolly more like 20. and if i had say... a full exhaust system and a cai. the chip would prolly do more like 25.(back to the multiplies.)

but then i also paid 80 bucks for the brylcreem mod like 4 or 5 thousand miles ago. juts for a sound improvement

a CAI will improve your cars sound.. tho not drastically. but you will notice. a cat back will be a dramatic increase in sound.

cai can range from 200-350 bucks id think.(not quite sure, havent researched em too much) but id reccomend eitehr the K&N cai or the AFE stage2.

a good cat back can go from anywhere from 550-1200 bucks. the best being corsa and zoomers(1050-1200). then probly borla(1000), then like JBA(around 550)

in this market the saying "you get what you pay for" tends to be true 95% of the time. so keep that in mind.

hope ive been some help. PLEASE FEEL FREE to PM me or post up here and i will be glad to toss in some more info or input

*disclaimer* im no expert by any means but i think of myself as pretty well educated, especially with "starter" mods. so otehrs please chime in :)***

1 - 11 of 11 Posts