Charger Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mopar CAI has been installed. Now to figure out what cat-back exhaust system to go with. Thinking of Corsa. Want something that at WOT is louder than factory, but don't want the drone inside the car when driving every day. Any other suggestions than Corsa? Again, I don't want it loud in the car, unless at WOT. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you want loud SLP LoudMouth I or II but tons of DRONE :confused:
Best bet would be Corsa,Brola,MagnaFlow or Flowmaster

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I would take a look at JBA, I love mine and the drone barely notice it at all. First day or two it is bad but once you get some carbon in the pipe mellows out and haas a very deep tone

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id have to say corsa or zoomers are the only way to go if your willing to spend the extra money. to my knowledge they are the best system for being subtle at idle and cruise with NO drone. and sound amazing at WOT.

but for being specialty systems they come with the price tag. (like between 950-1150 $.. i think?!)

id advise corsa personally. out of those 2 top shelf items i like their sound more.

flow masters and the borla 125's(the 112's are the quieter version with resonators) are gonna be loud. jba and magnaflow are the lower priced but tamer systems, with jba being louder, but still have more drone than the corsa/zoomers could ever have.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Go with the Corsa's. It is the exhaust you are looking for. No drone at low speeds, slightly louder than stock exhaust. But at WOT, the Corsa is a beast.

The Corsa is the only cat back out there that stayed with the 2.75" pipe diameter, just like the stock SRT exhaust pipe size is. All the other exhaust manuf. use a 3" pipe. Corsa stayed with the 2.75" pipe size so there exhaust would be approved (per DCX's instructions/specs) as the official exhaust maker for Mopar.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I would take a look at JBA, I love mine and the drone barely notice it at all. First day or two it is bad but once you get some carbon in the pipe mellows out and haas a very deep tone
You are the only one I know of that says the JBA's drone is barely noticeable. I have the JBA on my MagSRT and is the loudest exhaust I have put on an LX. Full of drone, but I do not mind and love it loud.

My 300SRT had the Zoomers, but it had drone because I also had the Kooks long tube headers and Kooks hi-flo cats on the 300 as well. But far more easier on the ears than the JBA.

On my Super Bee I have the Flowmaster mufflers and Blastin Bob resonator delete pipes. The least amount of drone over the JBA and Zoomers, but also the quietest of my 3LX's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I think I will probably go with Corsas. As for the price tag...the cat-back exhaust systems for the LX's is cheaper than the C5 Corvettes, so I didn't really notice. I am too use to the Corvette tax that is added to parts, just because they fit a Corvette. Being in a Corvette for 8 years, I got numb to it. Thanks again for the input!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Corsa and Borla are the closest matches. Corsa was chosen by Mopar, so there is probably something to be said about that.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
borla was chosen by mopar.

the borla 125's are loud. and have some drone.

the 112's are resonated and are relatively tame.

for a quiet system you wanna look at magnaflow, zoomers and corsa

·
Registered
359 Posts
So is the Mopar exhaust Borla or Corsa??

And do you think the system is fully tested by chrysler?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always heard the mopar exhaust was borla. I went with the JBA catback and absolutely love it...but I will say that driving 70 to 80 mph provides plenty of drone but 60 is quiet. I do love the sound of JBA at WOT.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Corsa all the way NO Drone! WOT watch out!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I love my magnaflows at WOT. Once they broke in the drone is almost indistinguishable.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You have the Mopar CAI so go with the Mopar Catbacks to keep the theme and you will love the engraved tips on them!!
"NO Drone" they are definately made by Corsa and are exactly the same except for Mopar engraving on tips :smoke:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I love my magnaflows at WOT. Once they broke in the drone is almost indistinguishable.
Sounds like I'm after the same thing as Crazy8....

I was thinking of going with Magnaflows. I understood (at least until I read this thread) that the magnaflows had a good deep tone and no drone. But, you had drone? I love a good sounding exhaust but with all the highway miles I drive, I also love a good sounding stereo.

What can I say, I'm a woman, I want it both ways. Great sounding exhaust that dosn't interfear with a great sounding stereo.

So go with Corsa? Not Magnaflows?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts