Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I wasn't driving :ill: But there's a good reason I wasn't, it was the night of my birthday party, and I had a "few" drinks. My fiancee didn't drink at all, so he was our driver.

We were coming back from the pub that my friends threw my party. Two of my friends rode home w/us b/c they weren't in any shape to drive either. So we have 4 full-grown adults in the Charger driving home. On this REALLY long bridge, a Camaro SS comes up next to us (no passing zone) and hits his gas...my fiancee responds by flooring it. We hit somewhere around 135mph when the Camaro became visible in the rearview and put on his blinker to take his proper place behind us....when a passing zone became available, he didn't even try :lol:

After we got off the bridge, we had to pull over for one of my friends who wasn't feeling too great. The guy drove by REALLY slow trying to see what kind of car it was that just handed him his a$$.

It was nice to know that there weren't any other factors (traffic, weather, etc) that could've been a factor. It was a clear road, a clear night, a strait road...so we know the race was fair and square. If anything, we should've had a disadvantage b/c we had four people to his one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
And I wasn't driving :ill: But there's a good reason I wasn't, it was the night of my birthday party, and I had a "few" drinks. My fiancee didn't drink at all, so he was our driver.

We were coming back from the pub that my friends threw my party. Two of my friends rode home w/us b/c they weren't in any shape to drive either. So we have 4 full-grown adults in the Charger driving home. On this REALLY long bridge, a Camaro SS comes up next to us (no passing zone) and hits his gas...my fiancee responds by flooring it. We hit somewhere around 135mph when the Camaro became visible in the rearview and put on his blinker to take his proper place behind us....when a passing zone became available, he didn't even try :lol:

After we got off the bridge, we had to pull over for one of my friends who wasn't feeling too great. The guy drove by REALLY slow trying to see what kind of car it was that just handed him his a$$.

It was nice to know that there weren't any other factors (traffic, weather, etc) that could've been a factor. It was a clear road, a clear night, a strait road...so we know the race was fair and square. If anything, we should've had a disadvantage b/c we had four people to his one.
Camero SS? Anyone know the specs on an SS? Nice kill by your woman!

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Dang, hats off to yer woman

·
Registered
338 Posts
I can look it up, what year was it? Did you notice any mods done to it? Exhaust, intake? Nice kill!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
if it was an LT1 ss(93-97) I can believe that but no way did you pull that hard on an LS1 with 4 ppl in the car. Those things are bad! But ya know what, I bet it was an LT1 bc I have no reason to believe it wasn't if you smoked him. what mods do you have?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, I'm a girl :) The kill was by my man...I'm so proud of him!

Only mod we have is when I dropped the K&N in it, if that counts. Other than that, it's pretty much stock.

Dunno about the Camaro...normally I notice the details of what mods may be there, but it was about 2am and I had been drinking. Looking back, it may have had exhaust, but other than that, I don't recall any tell-tale-signs of any other mods.

Only specs I know on the SS is that it's a V8...the SS, if I'm not mistaken, should have similar specs to a Firbird Formula. It was an F-body, probably around '99 or '00.

It hung in there just to the rear of us for a bit, but couldn't pull even with or ahead of us even though he was clearly pushing it as far as he could. Without 4 people in the car (approx 550lbs total), the SS probably wouldn't have stood a chance.

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
yes, I'm a girl :) The kill was by my man...I'm so proud of him!

Only mod we have is when I dropped the K&N in it, if that counts. Other than that, it's pretty much stock.

Dunno about the Camaro...normally I notice the details of what mods may be there, but it was about 2am and I had been drinking. Looking back, it may have had exhaust, but other than that, I don't recall any tell-tale-signs of any other mods.

Only specs I know on the SS is that it's a V8...the SS, if I'm not mistaken, should have similar specs to a Firbird Formula. It was an F-body, probably around '99 or '00.

It hung in there just to the rear of us for a bit, but couldn't pull even with or ahead of us even though he was clearly pushing it as far as he could. Without 4 people in the car (approx 550lbs total), the SS probably wouldn't have stood a chance.

hmmm 99 or 00 is the LS1 and that is more on line with an srt8 not RT with 4 ppl in it... With even only a somewhat compitant driver it should have pulled hard on you guys. sure it wasn't a 93-97?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
was it this body style

or this one?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I'm not sure it wasn't an older one...We have really dark tint and it was really dark outside, plus it never got ahead of us, and when it did pass us, I was helping out my friend. From what I did see I thought it was around '99 or '00....but my knowlege of the F-bodies is with the Firebirds, not the Camaros.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of the two, honestly, I can't tell....I was also watching from the passenger's seat, so couldn't see most of the body b/c he was on our left. I wasn't paying attention when he first tried to pass us, by the time I realized we were all-out racing (and not just touch-and-go playing), he was at our back corner.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
there is different styles of ss

6 speed manual
5 speed auto

either way VERY NICE kill

awesome with drunk sick people in the car, makes it even better lol :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
The fbodies had a 6 speed manual OR a 4 speed auto.

I had a 95Z. 98+ are another ball game. They run. Add on some mods and it's game over.

I think you all beat the driver - never the less good kill.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Oh, should have read better...

Lets try this agian

Dang... hats off to yer man!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe the SS has up to 325hp stock & can hang with an SRT8. Doubt it was an LS1 SS, With 4 people in the car a z28 could probably take you too.good kill though, whatever it was.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wish I had been able to pay more attention to the other car...next kill I'll be sure to get more details; but not driving and had been drinking, I couldn't get the details that I normally would've picked up on...

I know that it was an F-body Camaro. I know it was an SS. I know it was a dark color, either black or blue. I also know he had it wide open and couldn't overtake us; whereas we were still climbing. The only thing I can't tell you is the exact year or the mods (if there were any). Either way, if it was the driver or the car we beat, it was still a good run! And it was the first time Emma (my Charger) ever raced...and she made a kill! She got a special treat today...I took her to the detailing place and had her all purdy'd up inside and out!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
either way VERY NICE kill

awesome with drunk sick people in the car, makes it even better lol :)
The funniest part? My two friends in the back were so drunk and too busy picking at eachother that they didn't even realize (a) that we were racing (b) that we were doing approx 135mph or (c) what my fiance and I were all revved up for after the fact! lol....:knockout:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts