Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have dual exhaust tips on their 15' Charger? I know a lot of people paint them black but I had to change it up. :grin2: What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like it...much better than the fake chrome tips (that aren't even connected to the tailpipes) that come from the factory...I might do something similar to mine.

·
Registered
561 Posts
A 15 foot charger is a rarity these days :D looks good tho!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
What tips did you get?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

I had 3.5 inch tips but they wouldn't fit so the shop had a pair of 3 inch ones he traded with me. Only cut the chrome pieces out, no cutting of the black valance needed. They give the car a better sound now that the exhaust isn't up under the car. Less drone.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks great! Now I want some...My only concern would be melting the valance? I figured that was why the fake tips weren't actually connected to the tailpipe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jimmy how is the actual valance holding up to having the tips exposed through it. Has there been any signs of melting or do you have heat shielding or anything on there to prevent it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't seen any melting. I will check again today. But there is no heat shield between my exhaust tips and the valance. I have the double walled tips instead of those thin tips so the exterior of the tips shouldn't get that hot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't seen any melting. I will check again today. But there is no heat shield between my exhaust tips and the valance. I have the double walled tips instead of those thin tips so the exterior of the tips shouldn't get that hot.

What about the distance. I could really see any gap between the tips and the plastic in your pics that well. Is there any gap or do they actually touch. Im gonna attempt this really soon cuz I like the way yours looks. Where in Forestville. If its a local shop I may just make the trip from prince Frederick. but if its a franchise like midas I may hit them up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There really isn't any gap in between the tips and valance. They touch. But I said "as long as they fit in there" I'm good. Someone had to be the guinea pig. lol. The shop is located off Ritchie Rd right before you get to Walker Mill Rd. Not sure the name of the shop but its not anything like a Midas.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If they don't get hot...and won't melt things....damn I want some! lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts