Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience firming up the suspension on a "regular" R/T. I didn't get the R/T "package" but would like a firmer ride. Is it as simple as getting the R/T package struts when it comes time to replace the originals?

·
Registered
113 Posts
A reasonable investment in your suspension would be the procurement of the Eibach Prokit Suspension Kit. The lowering springs, sports dampers and sway bars. It put you back about $1300.00.

·
Registered
702 Posts
There are several options available for various wants.

Click the link in my signature for HHP and search the suspension options under the "Charger" section.

There is actually some sales going on there too. Call and ask for Josh, he'll answer your questions for sure. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Firmer? Wow, it's already fairly firm. That's one of the reasons I didn't get an SRT...I didn't like the stagecoach ride on bumpy roads. :)

As someone else mentioned, the Eibach kit looks like it will do what you want. You'll probably also want to upgrade the sways with Hotchkiss parts. I'm probably going to upgrade my sways, but leave the springs/shocks alone.

Best,

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Giddy up! When I was first test driving the RT with RT, I thought the same as well. Too hard for my old ars. But then I was swayed by the dark side, and went with the SRT8. You get used to it. Taking clover leaf freeway off ramps
at 70+ mph and sticking like glue is quite a thrill. I have never had a car that can handle like this one, and it is fun. But I understand as well, as my Magnum is soft and floaty, and is easy on the soul.:grin:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Giddy up! When I was first test driving the RT with RT, I thought the same as well. Too hard for my old ars. But then I was swayed by the dark side, and went with the SRT8. You get used to it. Taking clover leaf freeway off ramps
at 70+ mph and sticking like glue is quite a thrill. I have never had a car that can handle like this one, and it is fun. But I understand as well, as my Magnum is soft and floaty, and is easy on the soul.:grin:
Heh. When I'm at the track, I like firm and "riding on rails." On the street, I just don't drive that aggressively anymore and prefer comfort. So while I agree that you could "get used to it," I really don't want to. :)

Best,

·
Registered
363 Posts
I put the Hotchkis Suspesion kit (sways and springs) and it firmed up my ride a lot! the car is so much more fun on the curves. The only trade off os taht I have to go much slower over speed bumps in my neighborhood, but it is worth it. I think I will put on the strut tower brace next.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the Hotchkis Suspesion kit (sways and springs) and it firmed up my ride a lot! the car is so much more fun on the curves. The only trade off os taht I have to go much slower over speed bumps in my neighborhood, but it is worth it. I think I will put on the strut tower brace next.
I'm glad you mentioned the speed bumps...while I want my car stiffer, I do not want it lowered...that is one of the things I noticed on some of the other member's recommendations...many of those recommended kits also lower the car...I don't want that! Part of my complaint of the soft suspension now is that I have gone into parking lots (not very fast) and have bottomed out! So if anyone has a recommendation of a stiffer strut/suspension kit, that doesn't involve lowering the car, I'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Go out and find a set of SRT8 take off suspension parts. It really firms up the ride. It only lowers the car 1/2" max.
This is what I did, and I'm very happy. You should be able to find a set for $350 or so.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Could just try beefier anti-roll bars and neoprene replacements for the rubber suspension bushes - before you start going to town on complete system swap-outs.

It depends on HOW stiff you want the ride. :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Go out and find a set of SRT8 take off suspension parts. It really firms up the ride. It only lowers the car 1/2" max.
This is what I did, and I'm very happy. You should be able to find a set for $350 or so.
+1 its really a pretty good ride and its a lot cheaper. I'm very happy with mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts