Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 750 miles since I bought a set of these to replace the worn Pirelli PZero summer tires that came with my Scatpack. They are significantly stickier, though not enough to counter the usual wheel spin that we all experience from a standing start. That's with the slightly wider 275/40/20's that come with the dynamics package. I'd say it may have resulted in shaving off a tenth on 0-60 runs. An improvement, but not life changing. Where I notice things the most is how the car now seems glued to the road on higher speed turns and in the improved feel in the wheel at higher speeds.

The Firestones seem to be slightly quieter than the Pirellis were when they were new. Not a bad deal for $208 per corner from tirerack. Two thumbs up!

p.s. I got just over 19k miles on the Pirellis and they were just reaching the wear bars. I rotated them approximately every 7k miles and they saw mostly adult highway miles on my daily commute. Not great wear, but not particularly horrible for summer rubber. I got these instead of the Conti Extreme Contact Sport to save a few hundred bucks since I'm not sure if I'm going to hang onto the Charger or not.

Best,

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Nice and review and thanks, been thinking about these to replace the all season Pirellis on the SRT and everybody seems to like them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Ritz.

I have chosen them to replace my factory GY Eagle RS-A2s after I wear the last few millimeters off the rears. Almost at 30k miles now.
I found the local Firestone Complete Auto Care shop to have the best prices. $172 each for the 275/40R20s. $840 out the door.

But after seeing a really good picture of the widebody reps on a charger, I might just have pull the trigger on a staggered setup of those...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback Ritz.

I have chosen them to replace my factory GY Eagle RS-A2s after I wear the last few millimeters off the rears. Almost at 30k miles now.
I found the local Firestone Complete Auto Care shop to have the best prices. $172 each for the 275/40R20s. $840 out the door.

But after seeing a really good picture of the widebody reps on a charger, I might just have pull the trigger on a staggered setup of those...
That's a pretty good deal on them! My original intention was to get 10.5" hellcat reps for the back to match my existing wheels and put 315's on them. That should be a great setup!

Best,

·
Registered
273 Posts
It is my understanding that Firestone and Bridgestone are now the same company.

No wonder they are are great tires. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I just put a set of these tires on my car, except they are the 18" versions instead of the 20" ones. I agree with everything said so far, and I would like to add their wet road traction is outstanding as well. Especially in really deep water, like standing ponds on depressions in the road. These tires have not lost traction or slid in the rain yet for me, and so I really like what these tires are bringing to the table for my car...oh yeah, the price was hard to pass up too - $100 per tire and free 2nd day air shipping from TireRack :grin2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have had these in 275 40 20 on my hellcat for the past 13000 miles or so. They are much better than the PZero summer tires I had on before. I will say that these, at least my set, have been difficult to get balanced well.

For people looking to buy, be sure to call Discount Tire. I was going to order from Tire Rack but Discount Tire was much cheaper, somewhere around $750 installed for all 4!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I just put a set of these tires on my car, except they are the 18" versions instead of the 20" ones. I agree with everything said so far, and I would like to add their wet road traction is outstanding as well. Especially in really deep water, like standing ponds on depressions in the road. These tires have not lost traction or slid in the rain yet for me, and so I really like what these tires are bringing to the table for my car...oh yeah, the price was hard to pass up too - $100 per tire and free 2nd day air shipping from TireRack :grin2:
So I had to take a last minute trip out of town yesterday, and just my luck, there was a heck of a squall line of thunderstorms foretasted to meet me about halfway to my destination. The forecasters were right, I ran into that sucker about half way there and it was a doozy. But thankfully my new tires handled the blinding rain and massive ponds of water with ease.

And lest anyone think I was easy on them when the hurricane hit me, I was not. I continued to execute flawless passing maneuvers and deftly dodged debris in the roadway despite the screeches of terror coming from my wife.

I swear, I don't know how she thinks screaming SLOW DOWN in my ear helps my concentration during high stress driving episodes... >:)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yeah that was a hell of a storm, it's coming thru Louisiana right now.

Glad to see the Firestones doing alright, I've always had good luck with Bridgestone/Firestone so I'll be doing the Indy 500's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I had to take a last minute trip out of town yesterday, and just my luck, there was a heck of a squall line of thunderstorms foretasted to meet me about halfway to my destination. The forecasters were right, I ran into that sucker about half way there and it was a doozy. But thankfully my new tires handled the blinding rain and massive ponds of water with ease.

And lest anyone think I was easy on them when the hurricane hit me, I was not. I continued to execute flawless passing maneuvers and deftly dodged debris in the roadway despite the screeches of terror coming from my wife.

I swear, I don't know how she thinks screaming SLOW DOWN in my ear helps my concentration during high stress driving episodes... >:)
That was some pretty serious rain and a light show. I was stuck at DFW for 5-6 hours until things calmed down. So what's a guy to do....get a coworker to pick him up at the airport and hit Hard Eight for brisket and beers. :)

:beer_yum::beer_yum::beer_yum:

·
Registered
648 Posts

Either 1.humor
or 2.looking for a divorce.

Better to get along than to get better at masturbating.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
106 Posts
Based on the reviews you've all shared here, I ordered 4 of these tires direct from Firestone. They're currently selling for $172, and you get a $60 rebate Visa card if you buy 4. That's quite a deal!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Don't understand the ratings on these tires on tire rack. Basically its' the michelin at $120 less a tire....
Except that the Firestones don't have a mileage warranty while Michelin does. So if you wear the Michelins out before the warranty expires, you can get a new set of Michelins for the same price as the Firestones. At least that was my experience.

GTO_04

·
Registered
383 Posts
Don't understand the ratings on these tires on tire rack. Basically its' the michelin at $120 less a tire....
Except that the Firestones don't have a mileage warranty while Michelin does. So if you wear the Michelins out before the warranty expires, you can get a new set of Michelins for the same price as the Firestones. At least that was my experience.

GTO_04
GTO, rob-2 was talking about the Kumho Ecsta tire he linked to.
But to your point, the Indy 500 does not have a mileage warranty. I was shocked to find out the factory Goodyear Eagle RS-A2s that come on the Scat Pack have no mileage warranty either...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
GTO, rob-2 was talking about the Kumho Ecsta tire he linked to.
But to your point, the Indy 500 does not have a mileage warranty. I was shocked to find out the factory Goodyear Eagle RS-A2s that come on the Scat Pack have no mileage warranty either...

AFAIK, most OEM high performance all-season tires do not have a mileage warranty. I know some of the Continental and Michelin tires have a mileage warranty though.

GTO_04

1 - 20 of 22 Posts