Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to wrap this project up, finally did. All paint, no vinyl, just need to touch up here and there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thats pretty wicked looking, I like the mesh center.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
That's awesome so far, but it's screaming for yellow paint on those raised HEMI letters :)

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome so far, but it's screaming for yellow paint on those raised HEMI letters :)
That may have to be left to a steadier hand than mine or at least someone that can cut painters tape better than me. lol I know there are polished stainless HEMI letters, I wonder if there are vinyl, cut and sized to match?

And thanks to all.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice work! very unique!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
It looks nice! I thought I posted on this before, but...?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
That may have to be left to a steadier hand than mine or at least someone that can cut painters tape better than me. lol I know there are polished stainless HEMI letters, I wonder if there are vinyl, cut and sized to match?

And thanks to all.
It looks good. The yellow mesh really sets it apart. As far as the HEMI lettering.... go to you local parts store and get a roll of striping tape. It is alot thinner and easier to work with than the blue painters tape. It also gives cleaner lines than the painters tape. That is what I used to outline the HEMI letters and the stripes on my engine cover. Then used the blue painters tape to fille in the larger areas. I agree with Gabe... Yellow HEMI lettering would really "make" you cover.... But again, overall a nice job on yoru cover.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I dig it man!! Very unique, you did good!!!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
looks awsome,:beerchug: always wanted to do some mesh on mine, how did u get it to hump up so cleanly??

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Looks perfect!!!! What kind of black paint did you use?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks perfect!!!! What kind of black paint did you use?
Thanks. I actually used the Duplicolor jet black in a quart can and mixed it with their clearcoat. Mixed about 3 to 1, with about 4 layers on it, sprayed at around 45psi. I might go back and put just a straight clear coat on it, but dunno. This was the first time I used their product as I usually buy single stage paint from an automotive paint shop. The shop was closed so I figured why not. I worked out well for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts