Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My charger was imported into the UK from Florida last year 2018 it has been modified but I am not sure how much how can I see if it has been tuned, it has a CAI and straight threw pipes any suggestion's thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I think I'd start by getting the build sheet, so at least you'll know exactly how it left the factory:
Infotainment VIN Decoder
In terms of finding out if it has an aftermarket tune, you can try plugging in an aftermarket tuner. It might report whether it has a "stock tune" or a "modified stock tune".

Or you could take it to a dealer and ask them to connect it to a scantool. If they determine that it has an aftermarket tune, they can reflash it to stock. Although I can't see spending money to do that, unless it doesn't seem to be running right. If it were me, I'd buy a cheap ELM327 Bluetooth dongle (the BAFX 3127 is cheap, effective, and comes with free USA-based support) and fire up an app like Torque to see if there are any issues. If you don't see excessive knock retard or other problems, I'd leave it alone.

Reactions: Rpger
1 - 2 of 2 Posts