Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you folks allow the franchise shops to touch your Charger or do you have a mechanic that you know by name etc?

I want to mod my Charger a bit but I don't really want to send it to a franchise shop because I don't want some scrub who's used to working in Tercels to be messin with my ride.

Or am I just being an overprotective arse?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not overprotective at all. I haven't really found an all-around mechanic yet, so for oil changes, tire rotations, etc, I'll take it to a franchise shop...but I'm the kind that hovers and watches every move they make and everything and everyone that touches the car.

For mods, I'd ask around your area. Ask people who you know take really good care of their cars and who's opinions you trust. Go check out local performance shops and talk to the guys who work there to get a feel for the type of people they are and how passionate they are about the work that they do. And trust your instincts.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You can try iatn (international automotive technicians network). You cannot join unless you are a mechanic or affiliated...but, you can plug in your zip code then call the members shops in your area and get a feel for them over the phone.

That's what i did when i moved here and didnt have anyone to ask. Worked out well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts