Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past friday, after my poker game, a bunch of buddies and I took my car out for a little joy ride. It was 3 AM I was cruising over the Robert Moses Causway Bridge (anyone familiar with the Long Island Beaches?)... I decided to go for it..

I got her up to about 120 (and yes I heard the previously discussed "Whistle") in no time at all (especially with 4 people in the car). It was the smoothest ride I ever felt at that speed!!

Loving the car!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Got my Charger Saturday.
With 120 mile on the odometer, I've seen 140 on the speedometer. The performance group is supposed to do 145 electronically limited.
It was still pulling hard but you run out of free space on the road quick at 140. I could not continue to the speed limiter.
It was vary odd to have enough room to stretch it out that much.
________
WEB SHOWS

·
Registered
245 Posts
Today I went to the dealer that I have my Daytona ordered through, he let me take a R/T for a drive for about 30 minutes. I took it on I25, there was an open stretch, she kicked down and hit 100MPH in no time and the car only had 17 miles when I drove off the lot, I can't believe how comftorable and stable it is at 100. The one thing I noticed is those Conti tires SUCK. they squeel like hell taking the off ramp at double the posted limit (40MPH VS 20 MPH). I hope the Mich. tires are better. Now I really can't wait to get my Daytona, Dealer is guessing Sep. 6th or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts