Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used niteshades... I messed them up pretty bad at first, because the can of clear coat that I had sprayed out really thick instead of like an aerosol. So after sanding them down until I got tired, I reattempted it (Thanks to Token and Ernie over at LXForums for the help). They're still not perfect, but I can live with it. I have one before pic that was taken with my cell phone... Here are the pics:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Loving the tinted tails with the white!! Makes me miss my old 3.5 Stonewhite I use to have.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
so was it pretty easy to do?? I've been debating doing this for a couple weeks, i'm always afraid of goofing something up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so was it pretty easy to do?? I've been debating doing this for a couple weeks, i'm always afraid of goofing something up.
Yeah, it was easy... I've never sanded or painted anything in my life! Just test spray your clear coat before you start :D... Plus if you mess up, you can sand the lights back down and start again (which is what I had to do). Plus there's always tons of people between here and lxforums that wouldn't mind helping if you did screw something up. If you decide to do it, good luck.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
were you able to make is less black then that? another words more transparent. i want to do it but not that black.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
were you able to make is less black then that? i want to do it but not that black.
Yep... Just use fewer coats of niteshades.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did you mean Ernie @ 402 Motoring ? Token wrote the DIY thread thats on LX forums using Niteshades. He doesn't work here. Also we do not use Niteshades to tint customer lamps here at 402. If I was able to help you in some way though I'm gald.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry to knock ya, but does looked fogged, you say you sanded them...

Buy some used ones and start over, they look hazy.

Ron:nervous s .

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you mean Ernie @ 402 Motoring ? Token wrote the DIY thread thats on LX forums using Niteshades. He doesn't work here. Also we do not use Niteshades to tint customer lamps here at 402. If I was able to help you in some way though I'm gald.
Well whoever from 402 that answered my PMs on LX forums after they were messed up... :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to knock ya, but does looked fogged, you say you sanded them...

Buy some used ones and start over, they look hazy.

Ron:nervous s .
As I stated in the first post, they're not perfect, but I can live with them. They looked better than they were before. Thanks though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are the tail lights bright enough so LEO won't object?
Yes they are (hopefully). I've driven past a ton of state troopers/sheriffs/local police and I hadn't had a problem yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts