Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I got my nerves steeled up enough to begin installing halos! I have had the OEM hids for some time, but wanted to install halos before i put them on the car. I also have an SRT fascia ready and waiting, so these just had to get done...

I was so afraid of melting them, but seperating the lens was quite easy. I had bought some AAC CCFL triple rings, then the led halos came out so I got a set of those, I'm thinking more reliable.

Anyway, here's a few pics of the work in progress. I am working slowly on this first one, the second should go much faster.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Looking good!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking good, can't wait to get mine

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Man, I really like those bling rings. Wish I didn't get the ones I already have. Oh well!

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Well it's about time!!! Hahaha...so is your SRT bumper all ready for install?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Looks great, i took my time on my first install. It was done over 3 days or so and then the second time i installed for a friend and it was around 6 hours.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's about time!!! Hahaha...so is your SRT bumper all ready for install?
I believe I have everything for the bumper, including the belly pan and the air ducts. I am expecting the new behind-the-grille lights this week (currently the ones I have did not survive the winter), should be pretty funky when done.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Looking good!! I would never dare to do that lol

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Best mod ever...Get ready for alot of attention. I get so much attention it is aggravating at times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You have it back together yet, love to see this on

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am making progress, ready to reseal the first light, so far so good. I do take more time than others.

But I am very methodical, all the interior wiring is heat shrink covered, use silicone to ensure wires don't shift and touch anything hot, any holes are sealed, and I use grommets when coming through the exterior shell. Make sure interior and lens are spotless prior to sealing up. Test repeatedly that all lights work.

Second one will be faster as I now have every tool and material I need, and the knowledge gained from the first one. I could not do this for a living, but if it's for me I don't mind at all, it's more like a hobby. Plus I get to use my mad skillz from many previous jobs.

Patience is key. As well as band aids!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Super sweet!! I want these for mine

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Where did you buy the headlights? It came with a projector and is OEM?
I bought them from another forum member here last year, Ribanci I think. They are 2008 OEM HIDs, so yes they are projectors with D1S bulbs. They do not come up for sale very often, and they are not a direct fit on pre-2008 cars. You have to use custom connectors to the lights themselves, and a relay/harness, and capacitors. There are a few threads here on how to do it, I was going to do a write-up when completed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am afraid to do it myself, any one know a shop or a member in South Florida (Miami/Ft Lauderdale areas) that can do the installation. do not want to mess up my bee.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Progress update!

Now I have both lights resealed and tested, all ok so far - here's a pic.

Now working on the boxes that house the 12V regulator and the wiring connections. Was hoping to get them on this weekend, not sure if I will have time due to family stuff.

Slow but sure wins the race!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw the start of your thread and another thread that said that you have to take off the front bumper to do the install. Is that true? I want the mod but am not sure that I am up for removing the bumper.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts