Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

I've been snooping around on the discussion board on www.prowleronline.com, and I've learned of a company (Westech Auto) that makes 4.3L and 5.0L stroker kits for the 3.5L engine in the Prowler. I know that this may be old news to some, but it's something new for me.

So, I called Westech Auto today, and talked to Jim about the whether or not their stroker kit will work in our engine. He told me that it will bolt it, but...surprise, surprise...the problem is the PCM. He told me that they have been working with Chrysler for a while (FYI, Westech Auto is located near the plant that manufactures the 3.5L engines) to develop applications for the 3.5L V6. He didn't give me a timeframe, but he did say that are definitely interested in the 3.5L V6 (especially since its used in a number of Dodge/Chrysler vehicles), and that the more interest that they can show Chrysler, the better.

I'll be sending Jim a link to my website and to this thread. Hopefully he'll join the forum and our discussion. The Westech Auto website (www.westechauto.com) is in the process of being updated, so keep checking back with them.

I know we've been let down by other companies, but Jim is the first person that I've talked to personally that is sincerely interested in, and definitely wants to tap into, the 3.5L V6 market. Let's be sure to show our support and, HOPEFULLY, something good will come out of this.

·
Registered
418 Posts
anything to get my baby faster will make me happy

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm a fan of non-forced-induction projects. Gimme. If brought to fruition, this could show serious promise.

I know it's an entirely different vehicle, but what are the gains like with the Prowler?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm a fan of non-forced-induction projects. Gimme. If brought to fruition, this could show serious promise.

I know it's an entirely different vehicle, but what are the gains like with the Prowler?
I meant to ask that, but I forgot. I have his email, so I'll ask him.

edit: I've sent him the question about gains experience in the Prowlers. I'll post his response when I receive it.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK....now I'm daydreaming about my 3.5L being stroked out to a 4.3L with a turbo running at around 5 psi of boost. :drool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've never researched Stroking engines, whats the normal price range for this type of thing ( will it be cheaper than the Thomas Knight S/C) ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
OK....now I'm daydreaming about my 3.5L being stroked out to a 4.3L with a turbo running at around 5 psi of boost. :drool:
:pray: more more i want to hear more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Great news along with more possible good news from SCTFlash. They said they will be making a tuner for the v6. Just don't have the time frame either.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Sounds good, keep us posted. Finally!!!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great news along with more possible good news from SCTFlash. They said they will be making a tuner for the v6. Just don't have the time frame either.
Nice! I sent SCT an email today about the possibiltiy of them making a V6 tuner.

Tuner + turbo + stoker kit = :eek: :rockon: :love:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try not to drool to much over this....

This is the reply I received from Jim about the gains from the stroker kits in the Prowlers:

The stock 3.5 in the Prowler made somewhere around 187 hp at the rear wheels on our chassis dyno. Our 4.3 N/A is pushing 250-265. The 5.0 (with serious transaxle mods) is close to 410. The killer is the 4.3 stroker with a 10 psi Pro-Charger pushing 450-460.
and this...

Almost forgot to tell you, if you look on the Prowler website, back in March of this year, you can see our 5.0 Yellow Prowler at the dragstrip in Lousiana. We had 3 cameras mounted inside the car for a bird’s eye view. The car ran 12.101 @ 120 mph N/A and 11.7 @136 with a 100 shot. Sure woke up a few LS-1/LS-6 and Mustangs!!!
I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
<gets out new soapbox...>

I just........

<steps down, picks up soapbox and goes down the pub>....

;)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<gets out new soapbox...>

I just........

<steps down, picks up soapbox and goes down the pub>....

;)
Wow...arfur doesn't have anything to say. Be sure to mark this date on your calendars!

Hey arfur....wait for me! I could go for a pint.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Wow...arfur doesn't have anything to say. Be sure to mark this date on your calendars!

Hey arfur....wait for me! I could go for a pint.
Ouch..... :nervous s

A pint would be great! :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts