1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently dynoed my SRT8,all it had was a Mopar CAI
It was a Dynocom Dyno
369rwhp @5600 rpm and 383rwtq @4600 rpm at about 80 degrees F

I've now put on a Mopar/Corsa exhaust,Jet stage 2 chip,180 degree Jet thermostat,Throttle body spacer.

I will redyno tommorow at 10 a.m.,I'm hoping to have picked up about 20 rwhp.The mods make a real difference in how the car feels,more powerful and better low end torque.Especially running when the car is at 181-183 degrees,it feels much more alive and the throttle tip in hesitation is almost gone.

I can't hardly wait for in a year or two when some real tuning eqpt comes out so one can do much more powerful mods.The speed density air monitoring system is kind of antiquated and can't respond appropriately under conditions when timing has to be pulled to avoid detonation such as with Nitrous or a supercharger for that matter.Superchargers require a piggy back NGC attachment,NOS can only be used at up to a 75hp shot (granted it resulted in 33.4rwhp and 138.3 ft-lbs of rwtq) not to shabby.Yes that's 138.3 ft-lbs of torque from a 75 hp shot.I read most of this in a informative manual called High Performance new Hemi Builders guide 2003-present.It's available from Cartech #sa132 written by Barry Kluczyk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey hemiheadsrt8,
I will be very interested in your posting tomorrow. It is this type of comparison that really provides the kind of information needed to determine whether really gains are obtained from performance mods. Rock on!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had just read an article where a 300c SRT8 did the same mods and came up with +29 rwhp.I guess the truth will be in the wheels on the dyno tommorow.
I'll repost afterwards.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just returned from the dyno shop for a retest after installing the above items

Initial run with just Mopar CAI was 369 RWHP AND 383 RWTQ

After Jet stage 2 chip,Corsa/mopar exhaust,Mopar CAI,180 degree thermostat,throttle body spacer and 94 octane premium

392 rwhp @5800 rpm and 395 rwtq @ 4800 rpm
Increase of 23 rwhp and 12 ftlb rwtq
I was pleased,there is a definite seat of the pants difference and throttle tip in hesitation is reduced.
At the risk of sounding repetitive there was a difference when the engine temp was at 215 degree as opposed to approx 180 degree.
The car was making over 320 ftlbs rwtq at 3000 rpm
On the last run,I actually removed the floor mat to see if possibly the gas pedal was hitting the mat and not quite reaching the floor.It may or may not have made a difference but the last run was the best by approx 5 extra rwhp and approx 3 more ftlb rwtq

·
Registered
939 Posts
On the last run,I actually removed the floor mat to see if possibly the gas pedal was hitting the mat and not quite reaching the floor.
Isn't it possible to see the throttle position value in the extended EVIC display? I can't remember. If so, that would answer your question.

Thanks so much for posting up your results. Do you happen to have the AFR tracings for both pre- and post-install runs? If you can't post them up, even some commentary on your AFR throughout the rpm range would be most helpful.

What are your impressions of the exhaust sound?

Rich

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.I'm glad it was useful.Of all the data on the print out there was no info on air fuel ratios at any point.I'll call them tommorow to see if their computer can print off such info and repost.
As far as exhaust sound,it's a really nice tone with no cabin reverb.It's the same width pipes as stock (2.75 inches) but the mufflers and resonators (huge) have been changed to free flow models.It also has these nice Mopar RSC stamps on both tips.
The people at the perfomance shop were all expressing how great my car sounded all the way through the rpm band.The CAI and Throttle body spacer give the intake a really nice high pitched whistling noise.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just to follow up: the extended EVIC display DOES show you the throttle position percentage. I think it was the third screen, and it's called "PDL POSITION" or something similar. So you can check to see if you're getting 100% throttle...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this info available on the 06 SRT8 EVIC?
I've never accessed that info or am even sure how.All I know is how to access the basic info.(oil pressure,oil temp,mileage,personal setup etc.)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yah, it works on the '06 SRT8. Just hold the steering wheel radio and compass (two inner, lower) buttons simultaneously for about five seconds or so. A new EVIC display will come up and you can cycle through various "pages" by using your up/down steering wheel buttons.

Finally a use for the compass button ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info.I just went and checked.
I know I was planting the pedal firmly but EVIC says pedal position 102%
What can you make of that?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Close enough for government work.

On a throttle-by-wire car (old school), throttle positions are fed back to the PCM by a TPS... On an electronically controlled throttle body, I don't know if the PCM is sending the commanded value back to the EVIC... or if there's still an actual throttle position sensor in the TB that sends back the actual value for the butterfly to the EVIC. Either way, it would seem that your go pedal is accurately twisting open your TB.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts