Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read in my other thread, I recently bought a set of 17x9 OEM Cobra wheels wrapped in some slightly used 275/40/17 BFG Drag Radials. In order to run these in the rear of the SRT-8, the hub needs to be enlarged by a mm or two, but also, the bolt pattern is slightly different (5x114.3 vs 5x115). Since I plan on running drag radials on the street a little bit, I decided against modifying these wheels.

Instead, I bought the following from the Discount Tire Direct:

(2) 18x9 Silver Voxx Misano 5x115 20mm
(2) BFG Drag Radials in 275/35/18

I got the last pair of these wheels in silver and they're supposedly not going to be made for another 60+ days (but according to the mfr, they're NOT discontinued).

With this setup, I have a nice and wide 18" rim that has the proper bolt pattern and is designed for the LX chassis. I realize the car isn't gonna handle that great, but it should still be better than running 17x7 rims on the back like some guys are doing. Big difference between 7" and 9".

With these tires, my effective rear axle ratio becomes 3.43 up from the stock 3.06! I'm expecting a tenth or two improvement in ET just from the gearing difference; even more with the improved 60fts. And no, I will not have to shift to 4th in the 1/4 mile.

Best part about this is I got the wheels and tires, mounted and balanced, with hub rings, delivered to my door for $552! They're offering $100 off on ANY 4 wheels and/or tires (can mix and match) plus free ground shipping plus I haggled even more and got them to match their Ebay prices on the rims. I should be able to sell my Cobra rims and drag radials for around $400, so this upgrade will only cost me about $150, but I am getting brand new rims and brand new drag radials.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Now you know we all are expecting an 11 sec run the next time you post, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.