Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to really i mean really want a srt4 but could never find one to buy. so when i was coming home from work today an one pulled up on me an leveled out i got pretty excited can my car win i thought ive seen these get pretty dam fast. we got luckey an hit a red light together no better way to start a race. as soon as green hit we took off an he fell a car an a half back then stayed there we were boath draggen gears out once i hit 4th tho it was over he dropped another car behind me. we hit the next red up the road an when he pulled we boath said nice car an parted ways

·
Registered
232 Posts
My friend has a stage 3 SRT-4 and he smokes me every time by at least a car length and pulling. We usually don't go past 3rd though, once I hit 4th I'd probably start pulling.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this was a nice srt4 red with carbon fiber-hood, trunk, spoiler with external blowoff probably wouldent of been horrified if i lost. cus i was trying to buy 1 in tha past

·
Registered
232 Posts
They are the cheapest and easiest way to go if all you're looking for is speed. If you've ever been in one going over 80 MPH you'll understand why I would never get one though.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are the cheapest and easiest way to go if all you're looking for is speed. If you've ever been in one going over 80 MPH you'll understand why I would never get one though.
people say that about evo's too. ive heard there fast but the ride is $hi**y

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I wouldn't pick either

If I was looking for cheap speed it would be a blown 5.0

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really slow/stock SRT-4's manage low 14's in the 1/4 mile
Mid-pack Stage 2's w/ basic boltons will do mid 12's-low 13's all day everyday.
Big turbo or Stage 3 SRT-4's have broken into the 10-11 sec. range
and still used as daily drivers. The red neon u smoked must have
been bone stock and/or your charger has major mojo under the hood. :yes:

I've got 60K on my SRT-4 and still luv it. Fast, dependable and still manages 22mpg city/hwy.
I'm trading up to a Charger R/T so my daughter can drive it as well. I do need a bigger vehicle.
It's gonna be cool starting fresh and building up the Hemi...:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really slow/stock SRT-4's manage low 14's in the 1/4 mile
Mid-pack Stage 2's w/ basic boltons will do mid 12's-low 13's all day everyday.
Big turbo or Stage 3 SRT-4's have broken into the 10-11 sec. range
and still used as daily drivers. The red neon u smoked must have
been bone stock and/or your charger has major mojo under the hood. :yes:

I've got 60K on my SRT-4 and still luv it. Fast, dependable and still manages 22mpg city/hwy.
I'm trading up to a Charger R/T so my daughter can drive it as well. I do need a bigger vehicle.
It's gonna be cool starting fresh and building up the Hemi...:cool:
al i got is my shaker to cold air making a functional ram-cai with straight pipes after cats and i said b4 i (think) that the previous owner had a sc tuner or sumthing to that effect cus i dont have a governed speed and have done 155 b4 i ran outta road.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Congrats on the kill, you cannibal. lol
Well at least it aint a Charger.
Cannibalism is the surest way of ensuring that only the strongest of the species survive. Think it's called Natural selection in the circle of life?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
.....If you've ever been in one going over 80 MPH you'll understand why I would never get one though.

I don't understand why you would never get one? I took mine(SRT-4) to 140mph on the freeway and it was solid as a rock............just as it was at any other speeds. It's a shame that most people on this board; and in general, cannot look past the "it's still just a neon" mentality and see the incredible performing car it truely is. :silenced:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I've raced a few SRT4s and won all of them. Some were pretty well modded too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Had a Srt-4

Like it says, mine was stage o but puttin down nearly 295 at the wheels, with about 500 $ over stock. i now have a 06 R/T, The Srt-4 was faster, I hit 150 with more to go..., and the car was smooth at speeds. My car would peel rubber At 45 mph, All motor , clutch ,tires, AND Turbo:grin:

That car was FAN F CKINTASTIC!!I still miss My electric Blue!!

It was a easy 13.6 car. I beat my friends LS1 ram air firebird to 110,

from a stop. Thanks to Maddog shifters

It was very light and a total overperformer and underated. i bought it cuz it was Mopar, That car was a small , fast ,CHEAP (20,200)And built for speed only. My kids got sick in the backseat cuz of the BOOST.(19 spike)

Sorry for ramblin:cry:

Ronn

·
Registered
75 Posts
al i got is my shaker to cold air making a functional ram-cai with straight pipes after cats and i said b4 i (think) that the previous owner had a sc tuner or sumthing to that effect cus i dont have a governed speed and have done 155 b4 i ran outta road.
i got mine stock and look at my sig... that's all i've done and i hit 155mph easily b4 i ran out of road. So i don't think urs was tuned,... but i could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got mine stock and look at my sig... that's all i've done and i hit 155mph easily b4 i ran out of road. So i don't think urs was tuned,... but i could be wrong.
the only reason i say i think the guy who had it b4 me might of done a tune is cus sum1 threw up a b.s. flag on me saying our cars have a limiyer at around 130 or so an u cant go above it without a tuner. an i dident have anything to say otherwise as i have not driven any other chargers but my dads sublime an i was nice to it

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Car & Driver has a 4 way comparison test with the SRT4 Caliber and MazdaSpeed 3, WRX, and Volvo C30.

The SRT4 ran a 14.4 @101 mph

too bad it finished last int he comparison test but 2nd in the 1/4 mile ET

1st in 1/4 mile speed

The Caliber is a letdown

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Car & Driver has a 4 way comparison test with the SRT4 Caliber and MazdaSpeed 3, WRX, and Volvo C30.

The SRT4 ran a 14.4 @101 mph

too bad it finished last int he comparison test but 2nd in the 1/4 mile ET

1st in 1/4 mile speed

The Caliber is a letdown

I don't like the Caliber SRT-4 at all as it is a disappointment compared to the Neon version. Near sea level guys were running 13.5's with the stock Neon(13.9-14.0 out here in slow azz vegas). Hopefully the new "world" motor in the Caliber will prove to be as mod friendly as the old 2.4L which would make it a fun minivan with 400whp.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts