Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Months of posting and asking questions, and a little financial soul searching, I've decided to Upgrade my 07 SE 2.7 to an SXT 3.5 07. Technically I can afford an RT. However, I wouldn't have the cash to mod - go out and have a drink, or eat all that well.

Just out of school and want to drive a nice ride as well as start paying down some debts. I know I would eventually just hate myself if I was driving a Hemi, but had no cash to take out the girls I would mack in it, or pay any of my loans off.

This is my final decision and no looking back. I'm officially a true member of the V6 club. I'm going to get my SXT - Mod the Sh*t out of it and look forward to having it for a very long time.

Thanks for all the great advice.

First Car

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Cool
Just cause I'm nosey....how much is the upgrade gonna put ya back?
My neighbor went from a 6000 mile RT R&T to a SRT8 and dropped 20k...Geeezzzzzzzzzzus eh.
Have fun

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
is there a major difference in hp between the two?

good luck with the deal. how much are you losing in the trade and how much is the 3.5 costing you?

why not look around and get a used rt?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

good luck with the deal. how much are you losing in the trade and how much is the 3.5 costing you?

I think the 2.7 has 190hp and the 3.5L has 250.

Congrats on the upgrade!!
IMHO you should have went with a 5.7L. Alaways go 2 steps ahead as the minimum. But if you said money was the issue, then you should be happy with the 3.5L.
The 3.5L is an awesome engine, I just don't like the tranny; but I think that's a Charger problem though, with all engines.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

There is about a 60 HP Difference, not to mention a million modifications you just can't do to an SE - or at least the parts aren't readily available.

Luckily I'm not losing anything in the trade in. I'm getting full value. I'm paying an extra 2,400 dollars for the SXT - spread over 5 years - so an extra forty bucks a month.

My dealer has told me he can't get me into a used RT - Under 20,000 KM's [ My insistence ] for anything less than an extra 130 a month spread over 5 years. This equals about an extra 8,000 dollars, which can be used in a lot of constructive ways on my end.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
There is about a 60 HP Difference, not to mention a million modifications you just can't do to an SE - or at least the parts aren't readily available.

Luckily I'm not losing anything in the trade in. I'm getting full value. I'm paying an extra 2,400 dollars for the SXT - spread over 5 years - so an extra forty bucks a month.

My dealer has told me he can't get me into a used RT - Under 20,000 KM's [ My insistence ] for anything less than an extra 130 a month spread over 5 years. This equals about an extra 8,000 dollars, which can be used in a lot of constructive ways on my end.
Did you get leather seats?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

totally understand. glad you could upgrade either way though!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cool
Just cause I'm nosey....how much is the upgrade gonna put ya back?
My neighbor went from a 6000 mile RT R&T to a SRT8 and dropped 20k...Geeezzzzzzzzzzus eh.
Have fun
Ouchhh :confused:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

I can't see it costing you only $2400 if your SXT was brand new.
You will easily lose $5000 in depreciation with your 2.7L unless it was used to begin with.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Chrysler has dropped the 5 speed transmission with the 3.5L for 2008 and should now drop the 2.7L in the line-up. It has the performance of a 4 cylinder (10-11 sec. 0-60). I bet the 3.5L doesn't cost any more to manufacture so why have it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Chrysler has dropped the 5 speed transmission with the 3.5L for 2008 and should now drop the 2.7L in the line-up. It has the performance of a 4 cylinder (10-11 sec. 0-60). I bet the 3.5L doesn't cost any more to manufacture so why have it in the first place.
You will still be able to get the auto stick on the 3.5L AWD. RWD will be a 4 speed tranny.:(

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade!:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Better milage, the same reason they put a 1.8L in the Caliber.

·
Registered
890 Posts

That is a great deal, I am amazed you are getting that much. The Current $2,000.00 rebates must be helping you some. For that little it is an obvious choice. When I got my wifes Caliber R/T 2.4L I drove the 2.7 L Stripped SE, and though it was not worth the extra for almost the same performance. My 3.5L SE Charger is decent for performance, and there are a lot of aftermarket products available.

The 3.5L is a highly tuned engine, by comparrison the 2007 Ford Mustang V6 has a 4L and only produces 210 HP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts