Charger Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
damn Moe, I didn't even notice that! lol mhmmmmm I'm going to go take a look at that in the morning now. At one point I did get into the almost there "lets git'r'done mode" so It might not be perfect. but looks like I'm gonna hack the mesh off once you have those plastic inserts ready, closer to the classic look with the slits like that.
lol, yeah the top bolts can be drilled and installed anytime, but the bottom ones have to be done while installing the grille. If you don't remember drilling holes in the inner facia area before installing the grille then the bottom studs are proly holding the fiberglass grille from fitting into place. No biggie, but it can be corrected when you install the inserts later. Here are some pics of the process.. any dejavue?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
AH HA! washers!! I knew I probably lost some little parts, gotta go pick up some more washers. I drilled the holes a few times because I kept messing up the alignment so it isn't as snug as it should be, hopefully the addition of the washer I should have used will fix it. I should have printed out the pictures you sent me, instead of trying to use my photographic memory,cause sometimes the flash doesn't go off.:lol: :knockout:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
AH HA! washers!! I knew I probably lost some little parts, gotta go pick up some more washers. I drilled the holes a few times because I kept messing up the alignment so it isn't as snug as it should be, hopefully the addition of the washer I should have used will fix it. I should have printed out the pictures you sent me, instead of trying to use my photographic memory,cause sometimes the flash doesn't go off.:lol: :knockout:
No Sweat, it actually looks fine the way it is, just something that only those picky eyes may notice. I'm doing a custom paint job for Grapefruit on his grille. He wants it silver with a Chrome Painted edge and black grille inserts. Wait to take it apart untill you see how his looks on his car, and if you likey, I can have yours done too!
By the way, I have now a kit that replaces the 6 plastic facia rivits (the ones that must be drilled out when removing the facia) with screw harware for easy removal and reinstallation of the facia, no tools required!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
sweeeeet, I was considering that exact paint scheme. I saw it on a picture of a 69 and thought it would look perfect! I can't wait to see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If I get the grille before Thanksgiving [or that Friday] I'll have pics the week of the 27th. If I get the grille that week, it'll have to wait til that weekend, and pics would follow on the 3rd-ish.

This thread will be the first to know! Besides maybe Moshe.. since he's making it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I like this grill, but it seems to bring back memories of the old classic GTOs, not a bad thing !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nola, I photochopped your car with a black grille insert so you can see how it looks.
That DEFIANTLY looks better! Now I'm debating either going it like that or the slits when they become available. hmmmmm:knockout:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts