Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just took them a moment ago. I took today off of work to finally install it, I would have taken day pictures but I started at 11 finished at 3 had to run around with the family and get last minute Halloween preparations and by the time I was done it was night so this was the best I could do. There were little fitment issues that, I’m pretty sure were my entire fault, but other then that it’s awesome!

The fitment was me using too much caulk to fix the mesh to the grille, and me not being able to get the screws lined up correctly. I figure leave it for another day and finish the damn thing!

I was considering taking the tint off my headlights before I installed the grille but now I think it looks perfect all blacked out now. Almost like the entire front-end is solid like the 69's.
It's finally done, and it feels so good to say it!
Thanks for everything Moshe!

Sincerely,
Mark...your happiest customer yet!

PS..now I just have to convince the wife about the shaker hood. lol:whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Thats sure is diffarent! I like it though! Does that mesh have a chrome look during the day?

·
Registered
429 Posts
looks good, i want the entire crossmembers gone and just have a mesh or honeycomb grill deep in there but as we know the middle cross is apart of the bumper(i want mine like the grip tuning fron end but bigger holer like our stock bumper)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i kinda like it, good job. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats sure is diffarent! I like it though! Does that mesh have a chrome look during the day?
Thanks, its not really a chrome finish its more of a brushed aluminum type.
looks good, i want the entire crossmembers gone and just have a mesh or honeycomb grill deep in there but as we know the middle cross is apart of the bumper(i want mine like the grip tuning fron end but bigger holer like our stock bumper)
, I was considering the same thing for the longest time, but the reason the main center crossmember is there is to support the bumper. Otherwise it's all wobbly, I know it sure was when I removed the stock grille I can only imagine if the center support wasn't there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try to get some tomorrow morning when I get to work. then I'll see if i can download them either there or at home later tomorrow night. The night pictures really don't give it any justice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Now are these better pictures?:wax: :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Look futuristic from the front. Pretty cool looking.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man that looks cool. only thing that would make it look better is if the bottom of the grill lined up with the bottom of the headlights.
I thought the same thing, but either the grille area would have to be smaller along with the grille to line up right. Or ofcourse I could spend alot of $$$ start cutting and magicly mold a set of magnum lights some how sence they're larger. lol:ninja:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I thought the same thing, but either the grille area would have to be smaller along with the grille to line up right. Or ofcourse I could spend alot of $$$ start cutting and magicly mold a set of magnum lights some how sence they're larger. lol:ninja:
haha. that would be a pretty cool moddin project actually, then you can show it at sema next year. If you have the funds.. i say go for it. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
is there a link to these parts somewhere?

i think i kinda like it....

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
man that looks cool. only thing that would make it look better is if the bottom of the grill lined up with the bottom of the headlights.
I think what he means is that the bottom of the grille should be a straight line to match the bottom of the lights that are also straight. I don't think NOLA has put in all the bolts. There are 4 bolts to bolt up the grille in the stock locations, and four more to keep the fiberglass snug against the facia, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, you can see the top ones in the first pic below. If they were bolted up tight it wouldn't look like the grill was kinda "buckling in" and they would be straight. It is a very subtle thing, surprized you noticed it (if that is what you meant, otherwise sorry I mentioned it he he :) ). Besides that, It looks fantastic. Soon I will be coming out with some black plastic grille inserts to replace the mesh. Should look something like the second pic below and can be added at anytime later without removing the grille.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think what he means is that the bottom of the grille should be a straight line to match the bottom of the lights that are also straight. I don't think NOLA has put in all the bolts. There are 4 bolts to bolt up the grille in the stock locations, and four more to keep the fiberglass snug against the facia, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, you can see the top ones in the first pic below. If they were bolted up tight it wouldn't look like the grill was kinda "buckling in" and they would be straight. It is a very subtle thing, surprized you noticed it (if that is what you meant, otherwise sorry I mentioned it he he :) ). Besides that, It looks fantastic. Soon I will be coming out with some black plastic grille inserts to replace the mesh. Should look something like the second pic below and can be added at anytime later without removing the grille.

damn Moe, I didn't even notice that! lol mhmmmmm I'm going to go take a look at that in the morning now. At one point I did get into the almost there "lets git'r'done mode" so It might not be perfect. but looks like I'm gonna hack the mesh off once you have those plastic inserts ready, closer to the classic look with the slits like that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts