Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first mod I bought for the car, and boiwithlooks stopped returning my emails, and text messages after agreeing to meet up a Sunday afternoon to help me with the install (Which lived a half mile away from me in the same community). Since then I have had a difficult time finding someone to help me with the install, and no shops were really interested in doing them. A fellow car club members from Baltimore Mopar Motor Club (Hemi Wagon) helped me install them yesterday.

The pics aren't great, I just washed the car earlier today and it started raining so I had to get it in the garage. When I get it out I will get some better pics.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I will post some better pics when I get some!

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
looks awesome! good job, seriously how hard was it?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
good job they are bright as hell.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not hard at all, it's time consuming but that's about it. You should let it set for 2 hours after you glue your headlight cover back to the back portion of the headlight before putting it back into the bumper. Dropping the bumper takes 15 minutes or so, then cracking them took me 15 minutes in the oven. After taking them out of the oven the top part of the headlight (Cover) came off really easily.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Man i wish someone get the 6k in kc so i can compare because i really can't tell a difference for them both to be sold lol.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man i wish someone get the 6k in kc so i can compare because i really can't tell a difference for them both to be sold lol.
Agreed, I went with the 6k HIDs because the 10k aren't as white, and I wanted as white as I could get, that's why I matched the HALOs to it. The guy that helped install them had 10ks and we didn't go side by side but I didn't see a difference..

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More pics of my halos (Sorry for the poor quality, cell phone pics because my parents borrowed my digital camera)

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I like it.....turn halo's in your future?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I cannot wait to get this done! It looks awesome man!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mango have you had any problems with your headlights fogging up on you, or water leaking inside the headlight unit??? That was a concern of mine but it doesn't seem like anyone on here has really had that problem. I could use your help getting them bad boys in, if possible I could def meet up with you sometime. I could always take a trip back to Odenton, cuz I dont think there's anyone here where I live that is willing to help me with this that actually knows what they are doing. Get back to me if you get this and maybe we could set something up. I got my HIDs installed in Pasadena when I was home last week but the dude didnt want to touch the halos in fear of the head lights leaking or something going wrong with them.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looks good man .... i will be getting the full amber halos in the near future !!!
Let me know if you do, I definitely was considering those and would love to see how they look on a Mango!

Mango have you had any problems with your headlights fogging up on you, or water leaking inside the headlight unit??? That was a concern of mine but it doesn't seem like anyone on here has really had that problem. I could use your help getting them bad boys in, if possible I could def meet up with you sometime. I could always take a trip back to Odenton, cuz I dont think there's anyone here where I live that is willing to help me with this that actually knows what they are doing. Get back to me if you get this and maybe we could set something up. I got my HIDs installed in Pasadena when I was home last week but the dude didnt want to touch the halos in fear of the head lights leaking or something going wrong with them.
I have had no issues with the headlights fogging up, or water leaking. As long as you are thorough on resealing them, you won't have any issues. I actually had help with mine from someone who did their own and 4-5 other sets. He knew what he was doing, and did a great job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts