Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took some pics of the new Charger. Well new to me. I picked up a bone stock 2007 R/T a few weeks ago. I have done a few things so far.

22" Vossen VVS078 staggered 22x9 and 22x10.5
Flat black trunk blackout
Flat black spoiler
Daytona Chin Spoiler
SRT Honey Comb Grille -

I also blacked out the fog light surrounds. Not sure how I feel about it. I saw it on the Vossen website and thought it looked pretty good. It's plastidip so I can peel it off.

On the way - Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Red and Black R/T Emblems

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Looks good. Now get the roof wrapped in matte black and a nice 1st gen daytona style black filler stripe on the hood and it will look complete!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Looks good...not sold on the fog light housing blackout...not sure why though...but if you like it, rock it!

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
won't the plastidip get ruined down there ? at least from road debris ?

looks good, i never though of that.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Looks good except for the fog light area, not a fan. Also not a fan of putting the heritage rt badges on a car that doesn't have to road and track package or stp package.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I dislike putting the heritage badges on any vehicle they didn't come on that I have to say this and many others agree, this badges are special to 3 types of cars. The r&t, stp, and daytonas and putting them on anything else is like me putting Daytona badges on my road and track just because its basically the same thing. Just something to think about and only real enthusiast care about this.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Agree with the foglight blackout PD. Just doesn't look right to me either. Since when is the red R/T emblem a heritage only issued emblem? I see no issue with that at all.
Oops....nevermind. Just re-read the OP. I thought I saw a chrome R/T badge and he was replacing it with the nicer red R/T badge. My bad.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It's only put on certain cars, specifically the ones with performance packages, if they were meant to be on every v8 car they would have been.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The red badge is the heritage rt emblems and they are only put on cars with the performance package.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The pd will be fine in the front....trust me..lol..

Keep looking at the pics and it is def growing on me.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Have u thought about maybe dipping the roof too....break up some of that white?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'm liking the B&W theme, but like others have said I'm not feeling the black out around the fog lights. But if you like it, roll on with it. I also agree with steering away from getting the red R/T heritage badge. A blacked out roof might add to the overall look you're going for.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I don't know, I think I like the PD around the fog lights. It's something new. Everyone is always more or less copying each other around here so I appreciate the originality!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I am looking into blacking out the roof. Plastidip isn't the best option though. It stays kind of tacky. My spoiler is already starting to peel from the car wash.

The car is now lowered too. It looks way better now. I'll get some pics up shortly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hmmmm...peeling is probably due to too light of a coat. And if you put a coat of spray wax on it after a week or so it will feel as smooth as paint.

Have had my whole car dipped about 9 months, trust me

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
the angle of the first picture, makes it look like you have a widebody kit! Love the car!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts