Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Oh, yeah, bigger pics are in my gallery here.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nice. Should be a theme for the next photo contest: "Your Charger at an Abandoned Gas Station".

I have a sign just like that one. I want the post it's mounted on. :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It actually was a theme someone here proposed months ago, I shot this then, but my damn memory card crapped out:(

Finally got back there in the daytime, with my new camera phone:)

·
Banned
87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Awesome pics, great car, but I'm biased!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well, good thing gas prices are finally going down, or else it would be "Abandoned Chargers, New Gas Stations..."

I know, I crack myself up.

Nice pics...

- Mark

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Nice pics, GL. I would love to have that Texaco Star on the wall above my bar in my backyard!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Very cool pics... and great quality from a camera phone, wow!!

I have some pretty pics of my CSRT8 at an "old" station someone "created" in their yard near Solvang, CA if that theme ever does come up ;)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very cool pics... and great quality from a camera phone, wow!!

I have some pretty pics of my CSRT8 at an "old" station someone "created" in their yard near Solvang, CA if that theme ever does come up ;)

Well, its not any old camera phone. when my old phone, an LG, had its charging port gork up, and the only way to power it was swap in a battery from another old phone, I got tired of it.

I looked really hard at the computer phones lie the Motorla Q, but thought about the fact that one thing I really used my phone for was pics, which were never quite as detailed as I needed. So, I looked for the best camera phone I could find with VErizon.

I ended up at the Samsung SCH-A990, and havent been disappointed.

·
Registered
415 Posts
As the son of a Photographer, may I suggest black and white to add to that 'old town' feel :nervous s

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought about that, the aeriel rigging shots I used to do in the Navy was all 70mm black and white, but I thought of two things.

1. Its blasphemy to remove Inferno Red:)

2. The 20inch wheels kinda kill the whole "old town" feel:)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Nice pics...and I agree with IcanDrive55 and Nightops!

·
Registered
107 Posts
gret pics, love the setting

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Great site! And great pics there!

I've been doing some shots of mine at abandoned places (or in one case a place that only looks abandoned).

Sorry for the hijack, hope it's not one - just wanted to share the abandonment love!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think the old abandoned pictures look great. That picture of the gas station has to be one of the best I've seen in here. Awesome shot! Submit it for the calendar next year!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts