·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty straight forward install. Wife's cousin's husband, who has 20 years with Dodge as Master Tech, who works on the Vipers helped me. We started at 2:45 and had the cam in around 4:30 and he took the heads home with him to finish the spring install and we will have her finished up tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing what she does. Then I have to put her up for winter. Then I got to tear her all down again to put on some heads. Passenger side valve covers are a pain in the butt. I got her done and it is a fun install so far.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprised to see all the carbon build up on the pistons. Also lots of oil in the intake and runners to the heads. Guess I didnt have the catch can soon enough.

·
Registered
479 Posts
were can we get a descent catch can on here?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is all buttoned up and running great.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oil is draining now. Had coolant in it and I will let it drain over night.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is there anyway to clean the mechanical of burnt oil without tearing into the engine? Some kind of additive or something?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Holly Molly!!! so much crap inside! is that normal?
looks like a five years old inside to me
post numbers of your update please!
great pictures!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
so yall are sayin if we get a catch can none of that carbon build up will happen??

and to the OP- thanks for all the pics. sounds like a pretty exciting mod! hope it everything goes together easy today!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My car is running great. Cant wait for her to learn the cam with the more miles I put on her.

Only regrets is that I did not install this cam earlier than what I did.

Now I am anxiously waiting for winter to end to install heads in the spring. I will be putting the car up for winter storage next weekend when I get back from Philadelphia.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for the great pics of inside the Hemi.
I know the insides of the old small block Chevy as I have been there many times.
Randy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put my car up for winter storage 3 weeks ago. Car was running great with the cam and come spring I will be taking her all apart again to install a set of performance heads. Till then she is hibernating in my garage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts