Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After all these years, I (via Meineke) finally removed the mid-muffler (a.k.a. suitcase muffler) from my 06 RT. I left the two rear resonators in place. Sounds just right to me now, and the cost is great 'bang for the buck' ($100) compared to a whole cat-back system.

Late to the party, I know, but the car has become less the primary car (new Fusion does that now) and more my personal daily driver. I had been itching to increase the rumble just a bit and researched dozens of sound clips. Really wanted to hear my HEMI better! :grin2:

Was also pleasantly surprised at how good the "backdown" crackle sounds in person when lifting off the accelerator in sport shift mode.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Congrats! IMO, the price can't be beat, and it's a great sound!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nice! I'm thinking about doing this on my 14 rt. Don't really want to shell out the money for a catback, and 100 bucks can't be beat for the sound you get. Congrats!

Reactions: RScottyL and tgl

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been debating on doing this for a while, do you have any videos of how the car sounds now?
If you search up "Brylcreem mod" on YouTube, there are a few examples. I also posted one in the thread started for the mod itself. It sounds pretty good!

·
Registered
711 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts