Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally took the moulding off the doors yesterday and removed the Charger emblem from the deck lid. Now the only emblems at the R/T and the Hemi badges. I can't believe I ever thought twice about removing the moulding. The car looks amazing without it. I didn't even need fishing line or dental floss to remove it. I just parked in the sun and it peeled right off. Then I turned around to put the other side in the sun while I removed the residue with Goo Gone. The whole process took a little more then an hour because I wanted to make sure there was no glue left at all. Anyway, I think it looks awesome. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Looks great. I thought about doing this sometime this weekend but Friday afternoon while driving I seen a late model Ford focus. Along the sides of the car were dents that look like hail or bb gun dents but they were door dings. The dings stretched from the most forward section of the front door all the way back to the most aft section of the rear door. He did not have any moldings. Seeing that made me rethink taking the moldings off once again. It is a battle decision that has been going on for 4 years.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. I thought about doing this sometime this weekend but Friday afternoon while driving I seen a late model Ford focus. Along the sides of the car were dents that look like hail or bb gun dents but they were door dings. The dings stretched from the most forward section of the front door all the way back to the most aft section of the rear door. He did not have any moldings. Seeing that made me rethink taking the moldings off once again. It is a battle decision that has been going on for 4 years.
The door ding issue made me think twice about the moulding removal too, but I have seen so many other cars on here that have the moulding removed, and they look awesome, so I guess I'll just have to be careful. If you are still thinking about it, check out the condition of you moulding. If it is still in perfect shape after four years, that might be a good indication that your doors would be okay too. My wife's liberty has a nasty dent on the driver's door from another car's door, and she has mouldings, so you really take your chances either way.

·
Registered
391 Posts
nice man, i did the same thing just parked it in the sun and peeled them off. i also just used the sun to take off the rear badges but goo gone wasnt working well so i just used lighter fluid

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That looks great,but I still haven't made the decision to do this yet.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
These car look soo much better demoulded ..they have a great cut and once you take the moldings off it really compliments the body design of the car ....nice job man

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yep. my mouldings have a few hits in them that require a retouch with the touch up paint. That scares the hell out of me too about taking them off.

D a n a

The door ding issue made me think twice about the moulding removal too, but I have seen so many other cars on here that have the moulding removed, and they look awesome, so I guess I'll just have to be careful. If you are still thinking about it, check out the condition of you moulding. If it is still in perfect shape after four years, that might be a good indication that your doors would be okay too. My wife's liberty has a nasty dent on the driver's door from another car's door, and she has mouldings, so you really take your chances either way.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
X10000000000:confused:
its not as bad as u guys think trust me...

i have a new england based 2006 charger with 70,000 on it. i removed the mouldings around 60,000 and no fading or anything was underneath.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So I finally took the moulding off the doors yesterday and removed the Charger emblem from the deck lid. Now the only emblems at the R/T and the Hemi badges. I can't believe I ever thought twice about removing the moulding. The car looks amazing without it. I didn't even need fishing line or dental floss to remove it. I just parked in the sun and it peeled right off. Then I turned around to put the other side in the sun while I removed the residue with Goo Gone. The whole process took a little more then an hour because I wanted to make sure there was no glue left at all. Anyway, I think it looks awesome. Let me know what you think.
demolded mines the same weekend i bought it. took off the 3.5l emblem, and the molds, glue lingered for the first wash or too, but a wax and polish got that taken care of. it makes the car look soooo much more cleaner, and it actually makes it seem a bit longer. as clean as the car lloks now with the molding gone, o almost want to shave the door hands, but thats around next summer or fall. need some more motor upgades

·
Registered
27 Posts
Molding and all badges are off! Can we say sleeper :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts