Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....

I just bought a 07 Daytona in Plum Crazy Purple, so I am VERY happy. :clap:

I need to get it detailed, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of experience with what is a better product.

First, I need some type of rustproofing/undercoating. (I live in Canada, and the amount of salt they dump when it snows here makes my cry).

There is the dripless oil spray that has to be done every year that I know about, but I was just told by a detailing place that they suggest a product named "Final Coat". It is a one time only type of rust proofing.

Anyone know about this product?

As well, I live in an area that has waaaaay too many bugs, so I defintely want to get her waxed/protected/paint sealed, etc. They also use a "Final Coat" product for that.

I have zero knowledge of things like this, so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks very much....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congrats to ya, Sounds like your gonna be busy cleaning a lot LOL, Check out Adams there a supporting Vender here. As far as the Salt goes I'm sure there are under coatings but your still gonna have to wash it off every day when you get home. There is no easy way out.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I have no idea about final coat but their is no such thing as a one time only product. I've been using meguires ultimate detail/wax and love it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Don't be fooled by all these "one and done" products. They are a total ripoff unless you use something like Rhino Liner! That will protect your paint forever but your car will look ridiculous!

The only thing that will protect the paint is a coat of wax. Some last longer than others but if you want one that truly last, let me suggest Adam's Americana Carnuba Wax. A jar of that stuff will last you for years as it goes on light and comes off quickly. Stay away from the hype and go with what works.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope Junkman never needs a tranfusion..... they wont have enough swirl and haze remover...LOL:beerchug::rocker::biggrinjester:

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Rustproofing is pointless.....

Mine has seen enough of snow and TRUST me when I say DelDot lays more salt then snow and mines fine.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Nice pic TREV!!!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Just saying....mine has seen snow/sleet/salt/any thing you can name.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Mine has only seen sun and rain for the past 3 years!!!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Yikes!

That's the poster child for a city that lays a lot of salt!
Yup, I just use some zano and it looks preeeeety again lol

I have no choice its my DD, but....no HUGE rusting, I think rust is like taxes...its going to happen.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
When I run out, I fully plan on trying some adams stuff. Then Ill make my decision after I use both :D

Maybe Ill just use turtlewax ;)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I think what you will find is that both are quality products, they are just applied differently. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Junkman, I need your opinion.

I will be driving my Daytona this winter for the first time. I good coat of carnauba wax before the onset of salt laying by the city salt spreaders. Now, my question is this: Should I wash the salt off frequently?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Junkman, I need your opinion.

I will be driving my Daytona this winter for the first time. I good coat of carnauba wax before the onset of salt laying by the city salt spreaders. Now, my question is this: Should I wash the salt off frequently?
I would as the salt is doing nothing but eating the wax off the car. At the same time, I would keep extra coats of wax on the car during this time.

One thing we learned in boot camp is to keep a coat of polish on our boots, regardless of whether or not we buffed them out when using them in harsh conditions (snow, rain, etc...). The premise was that that protecting the leather was much more important than the way they looked and that is exactly what the polish did. The same can be said for you paint. As long as you keep a healthy coat of wax on the paint, the wax is what the elements are attacking. It is the wax that you want exposed to the elements, not the bare paint itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts