Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new poster. :)

I've been looking around at adding a spoiler, and I'm a big fan of fin-style spoilers, as opposed to wings.

I reaeelly like the look of the Rousch 'stang spoiler, wish there was something similar available for a Charger.

I've seen the Street Scene spoiler (what a train wreck that thread turned into!) and I've seen the ultra-slim low-profile type (don't know the brand) and I've also had a look at MoPower's and Xenon spoilers, which I find to be equally attractive.

While I was looking, I also found this:

I think this picture makes it look good, but I would most definitely want to see some other angles. I called the manufacturer and they said it was the only picture they could provide, but that I could buy the spoiler unpainted and return it with a 40%-60% restocking fee (plus return shipping costs) if I didn't like it.

Seriously people, W. T. F?

I don't care for the large forward mounting pillars, which make it seem more like a Universal Fit spoiler than a model specific one (which they are marketing it as.)

Anyone see this thing before? Anybody have installed images by any chance? : )

·
Registered
201 Posts
i dont like either 1 of them IMO

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Um....:no:

Welcome from So. Cal.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
not feeling it either, sorry. this came out sometime last year, but went nowhere i guess. here's some pix i had with that trunk lip spoiler...
my bad, wrong pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
here's the other pic. imo, it cuts to short on the sides. it should have gone to the edge of the tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
not feeling it either, sorry. this came out sometime last year, but went nowhere i guess. here's some pix i had with that trunk lip spoiler...
my bad, wrong pic...
That first picture with the silver and matte black looks like the same exact spoiler as the white one I was interested in. I really like the fin itself, as far as width, height, angle goes (functionality? lol), but those mounting pillars are just so... brutal. It does seem to sit a little high off the deck above the rear lights, too.

If you happen to have any more pictures of it, I'd enjoy seeing them. I'm thinking maybe I could have a friend of mine shape them for me, so that they are a little less garrish.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just noticing, is the trunk popped in the picture from the rear?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
im definetely not feeling it...have u guys seen the one rksport makes on a two tone silver charger?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im definetely not feeling it...have u guys seen the one rksport makes on a two tone silver charger?
Yeah, that's the lo-pro fin I mentioned in the original post, the brand of which I couldn't remember. There's also a tiny 'lip' style fin that's maybe only 1"-2" in width that I don't care for either.

Thanks though. : D

And thanks NoFear, I totally get that. I think most of my friends don't dig the fin-types, but I think I can find something that really makes it work- At least for me! lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
^^so true..look at me dude i have an R&T and just took the wing off my car today..i was like man..my car would look so much sexier without it..so i traded with someone who didnt have a wing :rockon?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Backwoods

If you happen to have any more pictures of it, I'd enjoy seeing them. I'm thinking maybe I could have a friend of mine shape them for me, so that they are a little less garrish.

here you go. btw, when i saw these pix, made me consider it, but realized it just didn't flow right.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I too am looking for the same style spoiler. I don't like the "wing" type, including the factory one. Just doesn't go with the car IMO. I really like the ones that come on the Challenger

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
i have never been a fan of the stock spoiler. if you haven't seen it yet, here's my mod'd rksport 3pc spoiler. original stuck out 1/4" on the side of the tails. i wanted it to run flush with the tails/fenders. this spoiler was the closest i could find with the slight rake fin i was looking for.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Backwoods

here you go. btw, when i saw these pix, made me consider it, but realized it just didn't flow right.
dude whos car is that?? that thing looks sick

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
to the o.p.

i think i threw up a little right there in my mouth

Yep, sure enough, i had pizza for dinner

:sick:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It doesn't cover complete rear lid. Messes with our fine lines! If it came all the way over it may look better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts