Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

it's not new looking but it was BLACK before, should i reclean and oil it again in a couple of weeks?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
did you just clean it and re-oil it? duh, I see you did... i'm sure David will chime in

nice breather filter you got there:cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
now i just need all the bt stuff u has and i need a srt badge in my front grill :bigthumb:
an underhood kit would look great... mirror red maybe:bigthumb: yeah, i'm diggin the SRT8 badge I threw on there... gives it an entirely new look:rocker:

·
Registered
150 Posts

it's not new looking but it was BLACK before, should i reclean and oil it again in a couple of weeks?
Hello InvictuSRT8,

Do Not Clean and oil it again in a couple of weeks. You never want to excessively clean the filter as you can damage the materials of the filter.

You only want to clean the filter when you can't see the red on the filter anymore.

How long have you had it on the vehicle for? How many times have you cleaned the filter?

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello InvictuSRT8,

Do Not Clean and oil it again in a couple of weeks. You never want to excessively clean the filter as you can damage the materials of the filter.

You only want to clean the filter when you can't see the red on the filter anymore.

How long have you had it on the vehicle for? How many times have you cleaned the filter?

Thanks,
David
I've had it on there for about 2 / 2.5 years or so. This was the first time I actually cleaned it with anything besides just running the hose water (low pressure) through it:slap:

·
Registered
199 Posts
how often are we sup[posed to clean them??/ is there a milage that it is due??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've had it on there for about 2 / 2.5 years or so. This was the first time I actually cleaned it with anything besides just running the hose water (low pressure) through it:slap:
Hello InvictuSRT8,

Umm, well atleast now you have the cleaning kit.

you always want to clean the filter properly, and NEVER with just water.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
150 Posts
how often are we sup[posed to clean them??/ is there a milage that it is due??
Hello BlackTNT,

Yes, you want to clean the filter every 30-50K depending on the enviorment that you drive in.

Pretty much when the filter is not red anymore it's time to clean it.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts