Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here it comes, the variable airvalve technology to replace the throttle valve....throttle body.

"Rinolfi doesn’t expect Fiat technology will be applied to Chrysler’s biggest engines, including 6-liter ones, which he said are destined to disappear “the way the dinosaurs did.” "

Thought people would want to see the 4 cylinder performance car and the 6 cylinder performance cars are coming. :confused:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aiFf.UPafEOA

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
BND Automotive LLC

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Here it comes, the variable airvalve technology to replace the throttle valve....throttle body.

"Rinolfi doesn’t expect Fiat technology will be applied to Chrysler’s biggest engines, including 6-liter ones, which he said are destined to disappear “the way the dinosaurs did.” "

Thought people would want to see the 4 cylinder performance car and the 6 cylinder performance cars are coming. :confused:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aiFf.UPafEOA

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
BND Automotive LLC
if it's just as fast, the only setback i see is how they sound...

But porsche are v6 and sound good... but that's comparing nectarines and 9 irons....

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
They better be careful with what they do or else they are going to tank. we will have to see what happens

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
That sucks. I used to really enjoy making fun of the tiny little european cars. Now they will be tiny little American Cars. I don't think he will be happy with the results he gets from American car buyers. I would rather have low gas mileage and my big V8 than some crappy little 4 cylinder car.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
They better be careful with what they do or else they are going to tank. we will have to see what happens
they already tanked. (SEE: BANKRUPTCY, GOVERNMENT AID)

at this point, whatever fiat is doing is working for them, they need to try it here.

are LX owners going to be happy? probably not. but if we can put out vehicles that compete with the civic and similar fuel friendly vehicles, maybe people will buy american again.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
they already tanked. (SEE: BANKRUPTCY, GOVERNMENT AID)

at this point, whatever fiat is doing is working for them, they need to try it here.

are LX owners going to be happy? probably not. but if we can put out vehicles that compete with the civic and similar fuel friendly vehicles, maybe people will buy american again.
Really? Fiat sales are down around the world, they are getting govt money, their quality numbers are some of the worst in the world.

How is buying an Italian designed and built car as buying American?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
The same way buying Toyota or Honda is. The headquarters my be somewhere else but they are hiring American men and women to build them. I don't really see asian cars as especially foreign anymore. Doesn't mean I like them or they are as American as a Charger built in Canada but...hey. Wait. Toyota builds cars on US soil and my car came by train from Ontario. :canada:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
4 banger HEMI:rocker:
Loads of slaps for thinking that rocks :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

:biggrinjester:

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AkA: THe FEMI
I just find it offensive to call my 6.1 Liter a dinosaur.:slap:

The VVT Code named Eagle 5.7L 2009 hemi is a great design. With good technology and some commitment we could have a continually good product for those who want a more powerful engine.

I guess we wil have to wait and see.

Thanks
Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts