Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up a loaded 07 Chager R/T (Only No Road Track Option) with 22k miles on it. Other then a bad ass 1200 Watt Sound system, it looks as if the previous owner has only moded it with a Full Magnaflow Catback system.

Ive been driving it for a week now, mostly all city driving and im registering only 10.5 MPG after reseting the digi counter. This seems alot lower then I was expecting. Any thoughts as to why or is this normal?

Second, today I picked up the Mopar CAI and installed it after work (First time moding anything myself) and thx to the stickies here it went smooth without a hitch. Allthough so far it seems Iv'e lost alot of pull when hitting 2nd and 3rd like I had prior to the install. Im guessing its due to disconecting the battery while installing the CAI and possibly reseting the ECU. So my other question is, if this is the case how long should it take for the ECU to relearn my mods and get more of the feel/preformance back?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Clawski, I'd take it to the dealership and see what's up, unless your stuck in traffic for long periods that mpg is horrible.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm lucky if i get 11-13mpg city driving with the 06 r/t i bought this april.Brought it back to dealer and they told me it was normal,that what it is advertised at is BS.Yet i come on these forums everyday and see 17mpg and up.I think we got the lemons of the group.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Ok, Let me take a guess.... You just bought it.... you like the way it shifted before you put on the intake... My suggestion is to drive it real easy for a few hundred miles to get a better MPG....... or harder to get the powerback that you lost from the mod. 10 - 13 MPG isn't something to worry about with the Hemi, A few 0-60 runs with the loud pedal on the floor and in town mpg goes to hell in a hurry..... you'll be alright.... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick responses guys. After the CAI install last night the counter reset to 19.0 and I drove it for about 20-25 miles this morning to try and get it to relearn. As of now its showing 17.9 and still falling which seems alot better atm, we'll see where it ends up.

Im thinking now maybe because the last owner lived in SF, could be a reason the MPG shows so low when I bought it. I would think maybe being so many hills and such requiring more power to get this 2 Ton baby up and down the streets.

This afternoon im gonna hit the 101 and head up to the Niner/Raider pre-game so hopefully the feel will be back to normal after the drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts