Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 06 R/T with the road and track package, 38K miles. I've noticed I've started to get a bit of bounce when I come to a stop. I'm planning on going to 20x9 SRT's with 275's as well and would like a suspension to take advantage of the extra rubber and add a bit of drop.

What type of package is Pedders be offering for a nivomat equipped car, whats included, and whats the pricing?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
You should look into a set of OEM SRT8 take off suspension, drops her a little and greatly inporoves overall handeling.
I have the same set up your looking at. SRT wheels and 275/40 rubber.
Your going to want to get smaller tires for the front though, as you wont have clearance up front with the 275 series tires.
I'm runnin
245/45 front
275/40 rears

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hotchkis sway bars, the best upgrade i have done to my ride, it corners so much better now. Be careful if you are thinking about springs as the RT package should have the load leveling rear suspension ( a nice option I wish I had) which prevents many of the aftermarket springs from being used.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should look into a set of OEM SRT8 take off suspension, drops her a little and greatly inporoves overall handeling.
I have the same set up your looking at. SRT wheels and 275/40 rubber.
Your going to want to get smaller tires for the front though, as you wont have clearance up front with the 275 series tires.
I'm runnin
245/45 front
275/40 rears
People run 275's all the way around with only a small spacer set on the front and a small amount of rubbing backing up with the wheels turned.

I'm aware of the improvement with the SRT take off as well, that is a option, but I am interested in what Pedders has to offer and how it will compare and if it will also be available with shocks/struts instead of having to be stuck with the OE SRT bilsteins

Hotchkis sway bars, the best upgrade i have done to my ride, it corners so much better now. Be careful if you are thinking about springs as the RT package should have the load leveling rear suspension ( a nice option I wish I had) which prevents many of the aftermarket springs from being used.
I'm aware of the self leveling option, which is why I included what type of suspension I have in the question I posed and what is Pedders options for it

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what I understand from talking to Bob at Precision the Pedders suspension is more of a comprehensive suspension package. In addition to the struts, springs and sway bars they replace all the rubber bushings (I believe it was 30 something bushings in the rear alone) with a poly version, with some of them being eccentric, allowing for camber adjustments front and rear. I imagine with their total system, you should "feel" more connected to the road, steering will probably improve, as well as handling. I would call one of the Pedders dealers and go over the nivomat system with them.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've got a 06 R/T with the road and track package, 38K miles. I've noticed I've started to get a bit of bounce when I come to a stop. I'm planning on going to 20x9 SRT's with 275's as well and would like a suspension to take advantage of the extra rubber and add a bit of drop.

What type of package is Pedders be offering for a nivomat equipped car, whats included, and whats the pricing?
We will better be able to answer your question towards the end of the week most likely, we are still working out the packages and pricing.

My opinion of the Nivomat equipt cars is to throw the Nivomats in the trash, you will be shocked (no pun) at how well the car handles and feels with the Pedders Suspension on it. I will get with you as soon as we have info that is a bit more specific.

From what I understand from talking to Bob at Precision the Pedders suspension is more of a comprehensive suspension package. In addition to the struts, springs and sway bars they replace all the rubber bushings (I believe it was 30 something bushings in the rear alone) with a poly version, with some of them being eccentric, allowing for camber adjustments front and rear. I imagine with their total system, you should "feel" more connected to the road, steering will probably improve, as well as handling. I would call one of the Pedders dealers and go over the nivomat system with them.
There are about 30 bushings on the car, i couldn't belive the number of them, and the sloppiness of the suspension when compared to after it was upgraded. Night and Day difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We will better be able to answer your question towards the end of the week most likely, we are still working out the packages and pricing.

My opinion of the Nivomat equipt cars is to throw the Nivomats in the trash, you will be shocked (no pun) at how well the car handles and feels with the Pedders Suspension on it. I will get with you as soon as we have info that is a bit more specific.

There are about 30 bushings on the car, i couldn't belive the number of them, and the sloppiness of the suspension when compared to after it was upgraded. Night and Day difference.

Thanks Rob, I couldn't remember if it was the rear suspension or the entire car. Either way thats a whole lotta rubber in the suspension. Explains the "land yacht" feeling when driving. I think this says it all from the Pedders website

·
Registered
542 Posts

I have the Pedders installed bushings, and sways... Cant believe the difference. Its much tighter, and I think there is way more rubber on the ground. Also I dont feel the car dive in the front when hitting the brakes nor the car squatting in the back when accelerating. I cant wait to get the rest of the parts done as they become available. It will be like night and day once the shocks and springs are in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies :)

It'll be a bit before I can throw down for a whole setup, but I want to now what is available other than the take-off SRT and with what options

·
Registered
460 Posts
any word on package and pricing? I sent an email and got not response.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
anything yet?
Was also trying to find the guy that is beta testing the new drag racing suspension set up? Anyone know the poster or thread? Can't find it!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Its not the pricing of the Pedders bushings that are my main concern, but rather the installation pricing as a whole. It seems that your whole suspension would have to be dropped and basically taken apart. It looks like we are talking thousands!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Its not the pricing of the Pedders bushings that are my main concern, but rather the installation pricing as a whole. It seems that your whole suspension would have to be dropped and basically taken apart. It looks like we are talking thousands!
I would consider the total installed price, priceless.

Your car will not feel like the same car, I say this with confidence from the numbers of other cars that we have done installs on, just about everyone that's had it done is more than ecstatic.

The installation labor isnt actually that bad when you consider the amount of work that is required, and the level of improvement that you receive.

That said, our packages vary in price from partial to full kits. What is right for you may not be right for the next person. Some people choose to do the installations themselves, while this will save money, not being trained to do the installation can lead to issues related to incorrect installation.

We are always available for help, my cell phone is listed in my signature and i answer it if i'm awake.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Rob,

I will throw the nivomats in the trash as soon as you can help me understand what your options are for replacement. These self leveling shocks are KILLING my 60' launch...i'm anxious/desparate....doing something.

I know about eibachs and kw coilovers, etc....was hoping you'd enlighten us here on a thread posted to ask you what us Road and track package guys could do?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'll second the Hotchkis sway bar vote Add a set of Kw coilovers and SPC adjustable control arms you wont be disappointed :grin: I am interested in driving a car with urethane bushings

·
Registered
531 Posts
We will be replacing the Nivomat's with our own rear shocks, and springs. These will help performance dramatically.

We will have a couple different spring options, a lowering option will be first available. The GSR shocks are auto adjusting to road conditions, so the harder you push the car, the stiffer the shocks will get. This has many advantages over the nivomat's, mostly in turns, but off the line also.

Having an undersprung car with load leveling shocks is not going to work well off the line, it's similar to using air shocks, good for the trailer, but crappy to gain traction. Allowing the suspension to absorb the force of acceleration rather than not allowing it to absorb it with nivomat's is a big difference.

We will be announcing an installation special for one car in the New England area, this will be for one entire kit, installed, 50% off labor, and 50% Parts. This will be a one time deal, and will not be seen again. Keep an eye out for this.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Guys, I have pedders on my car and they are amazing.
You will love these.

Had Rich at www.BackStreetPer.com install them in the front and the back and the car is great. No more nose dive, no more sponge feeling, crisp turning, and my launch has gotten amazing with a new personal best of 1.7

I highly recommend Pedders!

·
Registered
62 Posts
With the installation of the SRT8 20" OEM rims 1/4" spacers were necessary because of the rim rub in reverse. Spacers solved that issue.

Tires are staggered.

I have had the full set of tires road force balanced on the vehicle and still have a undesirable vibration over 65 mph. The rims have been checked and are good. Front tires balance perfectly off the ground (245x45x20 Goodyear Eagles) and appear to be good. They have about 10,000 miles on them.

Rear (295x45x20 new Goodyear Eagles) They appear to be balancing perfectly off the ground.

With the addition of the OEM SRT8 Facia, hood and rear spoiler could there be an aerodynamic issue? The dealer rep suggest this may be the cause.

The rep said her factory SRT8 has the same issues though.

The vibration is only in the sterring wheel, not the seats. I assume that points toward the front as the suspected source of the vibration.

I have had the problem since about 1,000 miles. This was even before the hood, facia and spoiler were installed. Manufacture rep wants to blame the issue on the new additions to the vehicle. It is documented with three Dodge dealers the problems existed before the upgrades were installed. The car now has 19,000 miles on it. Never wrecked or involved in any hard driving or hits. Bought new with 51 miles on her.

Anyone have a suggestion for a cure?

This car is an 07 R/T with touring suspension.

No comedians please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts