Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so i plan on gettin m charger this comming month ( i know i dont have one yet :rolleyes2:) and have a few questions about lightning issues.

1) Im going to get the main lights replaced with 3 Chip Red LEDs, Red HALOs, Red Grill Lightning, and possibly the Red Gauge Lights. Will i need to get a new Battery for the Car that has more power or anything to Power all the new Lighting?

2) How can i make switches for the HALOs, Grill Lighting, and Gauge Lights? I was thinking about getting one of the BT switch panels that go next to the shifter but will all the wiring be too long/complicated? Does anyone have a tutorial or a walk through of making the switches? Also, Are there any shops in South Florida/Palm Beach you can recommend do do the lightning?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
lightning? You mean lighting haha

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lightning? You mean lighting haha
hahaha wow im an idiot. Thanks fixed now....except for the title! One of the mods fix it please

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
haha its all good. Im kinda curious for the answer too since im looking to instal interior leds, halos, gauge halos, so i'd like to know too

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
To question one no. Your stock battery will be fine. Look up our member Sound&Security. I think his shop is in south Florida. Steve is a great guy. Just click the Quink Links button and find him under members list. But lightning? Shocking stuff.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To question one no. Your stock battery will be fine. Look up our member Sound&Security. I think his shop is in south Florida. Steve is a great guy. Just click the Quink Links button and find him under members list. But lightning? Shocking stuff.
Lol thanks

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Red AAC LED halos are the way to go bro! :beerchug:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red AAC LED halos are the way to go bro! :beerchug:
Hmmm i was gonna go with FlashTechs because i herd they were brighter. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I don't have my Halos yet but from pix and personal views i think Flashtechs Are brighter. They also have the Bullet Halos which have 2 colors that can be switched which im saving for :)

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Flashtech for the win!! ...Honestly it is personal preference but I am thrilled with Flashtech's product and customer service. Seeing them in person is way better than pics except if they are digitaly enhanced :wink:

X1000 on sound&security...Steve is a great guy and he will take care of you so you should look him up.

Wiring switches is fairly easy but if you look in this link I am sure you can find threads to help you.http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67858

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm really trying to like the new LED halos but i just can't. I think the orginial CCFL ones were better looking up close anyways.

I never had halos tho i would like to one of these days. I would like to get the old CCFL styles however i do hear to many negative things about them, that they break easy, take forever to warm up, don't stay on right etc etc.

Also i read that the LEDs are less brighter then the CCFLs. But its all your call i will say you getting halos will be a great mod and make your car stand out even more. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
here is the way i got wires into the cabin... once there, you can tuck it in along center console, open your console and there is a liner you can take out, you can actually feed the wire right into the console and put the tray back in to hide it... I have yet to mount my switches there but when i do there will be a write up.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I'm really trying to like the new LED halos but i just can't. I think the orginial CCFL ones were better looking up close anyways.

I never had halos tho i would like to one of these days. I would like to get the old CCFL styles however i do hear to many negative things about them, that they break easy, take forever to warm up, don't stay on right etc etc.

Also i read that the LEDs are less brighter then the CCFLs. But its all your call i will say you getting halos will be a great mod and make your car stand out even more. :beerchug:

Hey bro...have you seen LED halo's in person? They are way brighter than CCFL. If you want an in your face mod....LED Halo's are the way to go...Flashtech has an awesome product and an even better customer service.

You owe me some rat burgers buddy!! :smile:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I've now seen both however in the afternoon. Both AAC. My XE halos are brighter IMO but they still looked awesome. Then again I have a cooked inverter that I still haven't had a chance to send back so pretty much everyone's halos are brighter at the moment.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

Hey bro...have you seen LED halo's in person? They are way brighter than CCFL. If you want an in your face mod....LED Halo's are the way to go...Flashtech has an awesome product and an even better customer service.

You owe me some rat burgers buddy!! :smile:
Nope only HALOs i've seen are those JDB ones, i always seem them on hondas, still have yet to see the LED or CCFLs. I'm still new to learning about the LEDs.

Rat burgers ??? alright aint my fault if you drop dead lol :slap:

Also another thing is when i drive i dont wanan be blinding people off the road and getting flashed at. But hopefully in the future i'll get some HALOs and i will go with flashtech since ihear nothing but good from them. :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Who you buy your halos from will all be personal preference. I have the AAC ones and have nothing but good things to say about them and the customer service I received.

To the OP, your stock electrical will be more than enough. Especially if you are swapping out the stock filament bulsb with LEDs that use less current.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for everyones input, Cant wait to get my charger:driving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts