Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been around awhile, but really don't post much. I had looked into possibly selling my Firebird before to get me a Charger and ended up backing out of that idea. Well, some things have changed and there is a good chance I will be able to keep the Firebird & get me a Charger. With that being said, I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1.) Does the GoMango only come on the Daytona?

2.) Does the Navigation system have a fee per month to use?

3.) I read somewhere about the SRT-8 having an autostart factory? But never heard that anywhere else...is this true?

4.) Any ideas to look out for when looking at the Charger like known leaks or anything like that?

I appreciate your time and help :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I've been around awhile, but really don't post much. I had looked into possibly selling my Firebird before to get me a Charger and ended up backing out of that idea. Well, some things have changed and there is a good chance I will be able to keep the Firebird & get me a Charger. With that being said, I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

3.) I read somewhere about the SRT-8 having an autostart factory? But never heard that anywhere else...is this true?

4.) Any ideas to look out for when looking at the Charger like known leaks or anything like that?

I appreciate your time and help :beerchug:
1.) yes unless you get it painted aftermarket
2.) the satalite radio does but the navigation does not (for the older 06/07 ones anyways) but new nav CDs are a BTCH like $250 a piece to update (not mandatory though)
3.)not sure on the new ones, 06-08 don't as far as i know
4.)If it's an 06/07 look at how the temp sits, they're known for radiator leaks/splits (like mine had) which was like a $1300 replacement if outside of warranty because of faulty fans
:beerchug:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

I really like that color, but not sure I want a Daytona. Decisions, decisions - lol

Good to know. Having the nav system isn't a must for me, but a few I've looked at have them and wasn't sure about it. Not worried about the radio either, since I mostly listen to CD's.

Wish I could remember where I saw it, but thinking about it I think it was an 09 or 10 though. So maybe it's something new...?

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep an look out for that :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
As has been said, that colour was only used on the Daytona models. Quite a few of these are coming up for sale used, so that's a good thing in your favor. What is it about the Daytona you don't like? Or is it that you're aiming for an SRT?

No.

Do you mean remote start or push-button start? The 2008 models at least had remote start as an option. (My R/T R&T has it.) Push-button start on the other hand isn't currently available in the Charger. It does exist for the Challenger, but there's been nobody who's retrofitted them into our cars.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As has been said, that colour was only used on the Daytona models. Quite a few of these are coming up for sale used, so that's a good thing in your favor. What is it about the Daytona you don't like? Or is it that you're aiming for an SRT?
It's a couple of things actually. One is I don't really like the decal on the hood, but at the same time I don't want to 'deface' the Daytona by removing it or by putting a different hood on it (which is part of my plan) or removing that decal.

I am also aiming for an SRT if at all possible. I really like how they look 2-tone as well, and don't think I would 2-tone it if I got a GoMango.
Do you mean remote start or push-button start? The 2008 models at least had remote start as an option. (My R/T R&T has it.) Push-button start on the other hand isn't currently available in the Charger. It does exist for the Challenger, but there's been nobody who's retrofitted them into our cars.
I was meaning remote start. So your RT had remote start on it factory? I hadn't seen that, but did read it was an option on the SRT-8. That would be nice to have for sure.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

I really like that color, but not sure I want a Daytona. Decisions, decisions - lol

Good to know. Having the nav system isn't a must for me, but a few I've looked at have them and wasn't sure about it. Not worried about the radio either, since I mostly listen to CD's.

Wish I could remember where I saw it, but thinking about it I think it was an 09 or 10 though. So maybe it's something new...?

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep an look out for that :bigthumb:
np :beerchug:

I would def look for a good deal on a used low mileage SRT, most of them for sale are/were garage kept too so it all works out

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's the plan, just not sure it will work out that way - haha. Really like black and silver in case you can't tell by my Firebird - lol

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Remote start is definitely an option on the SRT's, my R/T has it, it may be just part of the SRT pkg?

I miss my Trans Am's ('77,'97,'99 and 2000) I had a few other 'Birds and GTO's also!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Chargerfan12, I was a huge fan of the 98 and later Firebirds and Trans-Am's, but I couldn't justify the 2-door, hence the Charger haha. I believe you are right, the 09's and 10's have remote start standard, 08's and prior had it as an option. The Nav is free, and the dealer has to update it until your warranty runs out, so that's a plus as far as the pricey update discs go. I didn't think I would ever use the satelite radio, but when the subscription expired I immediately renewed it, it's great. Also, you said you listen to alot of CD's, with the MyGig you could burn them to the cars 20gb hard drive. It's not huge but it's a pretty sweet feature. I get lots of compliments on it. I like the GoManGo also, but based on the looks of your Firebird, you should get the SRT8 in the fastest color, Briliant Black. Sorry Daytona owners, I still love you. Sorry for the long post, but I think others would agree that there's just not enough you can say about this car.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I obviously am a big fan of the f-body. I have had my 98 since 2000 and brought it from a 3.8L Firebird to the LS1 swapped heads/cam ride it is today.

That's good to hear about the updates with the warranty! I don't know anything about the 'MyGig'. Is that something that is with every model? I would love to go with a black SRT, but leaning more towards a silver just because it will be my daily driver. I have what some friends call an obsession with detailing, and since this would be my daily driver, I know all to well how hard it is to keep a black car clean. Nothing compares to it when it's clean, but man is it a lot of work....as you know I'm sure - haha. I was thinking of doing the silver, with the 2-tone black on top actually. That way the bottom of the car isn't so hard to keep clean, but I can still get my 'reflection' shots after detailing - lol.

Thanks for the replies guys. Helps a lot, and if there is anything else to say about it go right ahead. I'm all ears! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts