Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, dad wants me to get a Charger R/T over a Mustang GT ( I love them both ) but I was wondering what the performance difference would be with a Charger R/T 4wd? Is there an option to turn it off when i'm not using it?

Basically, my questions

1.Can I turn it off when I'm not using it.

2.How big of a performance difference will it make?

3.Will a dealership customize a car for me? Does it cost more for them to do it?(if so, estimate how much)

Sorry if I am asking you guys questions you don't know, I'm just interested.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Well, dad wants me to get a Charger R/T over a Mustang GT ( I love them both ) but I was wondering what the performance difference would be with a Charger R/T 4wd? Is there an option to turn it off when i'm not using it?

Basically, my questions

1.Can I turn it off when I'm not using it.

2.How big of a performance difference will it make?

3.Will a dealership customize a car for me? Does it cost more for them to do it?(if so, estimate how much)

Sorry if I am asking you guys questions you don't know, I'm just interested.

first off, welcome to the forums

now to business

1) it's technically AWD(all wheel drive) and no you can't turn it on and off
2) you lose some (VERY little) performance compared to a RWD R/T
3) some dealerships will add MOPAR parts only, but it will be MUCH more costly. Dealerships over charger on EVERYTHING

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to hear it won't affect the performance too much..

But can I still do burnouts?

And what are some basic mods I can add to my car when I first get it?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to hear it won't affect the performance too much..

But can I still do burnouts?

And what are some basic mods I can add to my car when I first get it?
not sure on the burnout question but I don't think you can do them well. I know my srt8 gets sideways VERY easily :grin: but maybe an AWDer will pitch in.

mods that I would recommend would be a Cold Air Intake (AFE stage II seems to be the best) cat back exhaust (I have Zoomers and LOVE them) Diablo Predator tuner. that should get you started off nicely :rockon:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Burn outs? uuuhh no. Maybe in the snow. AWD donuts are a blast in snow but on payment ... not gonna happen. Burns are a waste ... awd you will launch better than a rwd.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure on the burnout question but I don't think you can do them well. I know my srt8 gets sideways VERY easily :grin: but maybe an AWDer will pitch in.

mods that I would recommend would be a Cold Air Intake (AFE stage II seems to be the best) cat back exhaust (I have Zoomers and LOVE them) Diablo Predator tuner. that should get you started off nicely :rockon:
Thanks for the suggestions, I don't know much about mods for cars.

I sure hope I can burn some rubber in the thing..I might not be getting a AWD..Just wanting to know my stuff before I do.

One last thing...Steelers>Patriots :grin:

·
Registered
551 Posts
turn esp off and MAYBE stock you can get it sideways, with my bolt on mods i can get it sideways very easily.......i can do burnouts off the line but its horrible for the front transfer case :(

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turn esp off and MAYBE stock you can get it sideways, with my bolt on mods i can get it sideways very easily.......i can do burnouts off the line but its horrible for the front transfer case :(
Whats ESP, and what is a front transfer case? Sorry for being an idiot guys..I feel so stupid right now...:frown:

And what are bolt ons?

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Burn outs? uuuhh no. Maybe in the snow. AWD donuts are a blast in snow but on payment ... not gonna happen. Burns are a waste ... awd you will launch better than a rwd.
So it could even possibly HELP my performance on the street?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
but the RWD is faster in the end

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't know much about mods for cars.

I sure hope I can burn some rubber in the thing..I might not be getting a AWD..Just wanting to know my stuff before I do.

One last thing...Steelers>Patriots :grin:
I'm a cowboys fan just lost a bet with a fellow member here and have to keep this silly avatar until the superbowl

Whats ESP, and what is a front transfer case? Sorry for being an idiot guys..I feel so stupid right now...:frown:

And what are bolt ons?

don't feel bad bro, the forum is a great place to learn alot. we have tons of fantastic members here with tons of fantastic info.
ESP is the traction control that keeps FROM getting sideways when you want to, and bolt on mods are mods that can be easily bolted on and removed. Headers, highflow cats, catback exhaust, cai, etc.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but the RWD is faster in the end

I'm a cowboys fan just lost a bet with a fellow member here and have to keep this silly avatar until the superbowl

don't feel bad bro, the forum is a great place to learn alot. we have tons of fantastic members here with tons of fantastic info.
ESP is the traction control that keeps FROM getting sideways when you want to, and bolt on mods are mods that can be easily bolted on and removed. Headers, highflow cats, catback exhaust, cai, etc.
I thought the ESP was the traction control, just wanted to make sure. And I figured Bolt On's were the simple things, I definitely need to save up some money and get them. Maybe for Xmas (my birthday is December 19th). So After about a week I will have the mods.

Oh, and Pittsburgh>Dallas :p

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I thought the ESP was the traction control, just wanted to make sure. And I figured Bolt On's were the simple things, I definitely need to save up some money and get them. Maybe for Xmas (my birthday is December 19th). So After about a week I will have the mods.

Oh, and Pittsburgh>Dallas :p
lol right :rolleyes: :lol: :grin:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am still trying to figure out "the RWD is faster in the end"

Hows that? weight? I doubt there is enough weight difference to matter.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Havent raced a thing with it. Only has 500 miles on it. Bought it 10 days ago.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dude, you either want a charger or you don't... :rolleyes:
? I don't know what your getting at, but the witty one liner isn't doing anything for me. There both awesome cars and I have no clue as to which one I want.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I am still trying to figure out "the RWD is faster in the end"

Hows that? weight? I doubt there is enough weight difference to matter.
many mags have done tests and have proven the rwd R/T is faster that the AWD R/T in every aspect except out of the whole. check 1/4 mile times bro. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just facts

1 - 20 of 43 Posts