Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a post concerning this a few months back, I cannot seem to find the post in search to see responses. My 2013 has just started to develop this feeling when stopping. The "bump" varies is severity, sometimes hard enough to bounce my head and other times very slight movement. THis happens during both hard stops and soft stops from any speed. I did notice that if I shift to neutral the "bump" does not happen. Can any help before I take to the dealer?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the torque converter not wanting to unlock when slowing down.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
There's a nearly identical thread on here from several years ago! ;)

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
There's a nearly identical thread on here from several years ago! ;)
Yeah, he said he tried searching for it, but couldnt find it. Maybe you could be helpful and link the thread since you seem to know where it is.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I had that problem with the drive shaft slip yoke on my GM trucks that caused that problem. Not sure if "we" could have that problem or not with our cars.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sounds exactly like the problem I was having with my tranny downshifting when I came to a stop. The fact that when you put it in N also proves that.

My problem was caused by the Tranzformer aftermarket electronic shift kit I had installed but yours sounds like it could be something going on in the tranny itself.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts