Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this happens to alot of you, but once my brakes get warm they squeek when stopping from 40 or better. if im doing 20 or so they dont make a sound but 40 or better they r so enoying. I used to just make the radio louder but i can't deal with it. I took it to the dealer 3x about my brake sound and they said they couldn't douplicate it. So my question is what is a good set of rotors and pads to buy. I do alot of city driving for i need real good pads that will last but i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg on them. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd stop by and Auto Zone somwhere and tell them what you just said, like i want a quality brake setup without spending a fortune.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Check out tirerack.

·
Registered
334 Posts
time for upgrade..

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
If the V6 brakes noise is anything like the HEMI brake noise, it seems to be a pad issue more than a rotor issue. Look for Centric Posiquiet pads. I've had mine on for just over a week now and haven't heard a peep from them. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the V6 brakes noise is anything like the HEMI brake noise, it seems to be a pad issue more than a rotor issue. Look for Centric Posiquiet pads. I've had mine on for just over a week now and haven't heard a peep from them. :)
how are they with the brake dust?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
X2, I put ceramics on the front, and "extended wear" on the back. Did not change out rotors, only because I ended up with the wrong rotors. It turns out didn't need 'em anyway, pads completely solved the problem. This an R/T with R&T mind you, so your specific application may be a little different.

I've them for at least several weeks, long enough to confidently say my dam squeeling problem is completely gone, and it was very annoying. After reading here so many posts about it, I never even tried the dealership - the pads are CHEAP and EASY to replace, and the dealer is going to turn your rotors, further reducing their lifespan. Warranty or not, I solved the problem myself for around $50 total I think it was.

I'm not sure the sure the specifics of the SXT's brake system, but if it's like the R/T, it is so, so easy to replace pads. There are threads about it, and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of advice here like I did.

I called Jeff at Pro Parts I think it was, and I'm very happy. They're west coast, so it took a bit to get the parts in to Michigan.

Dust? Gone, completely. I used to use strong cleaners (Bleche White) and scrub with a brush. Now, just wash with an older wash mit, but use the end of the job car wash bucket, then rinse.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Oh., and I did bed mine in by hard braking. Do an internet search on how to bed your brakes. If you absolutely cannot find it, post and I'm sure you'll get the details.

I found a nice local boulevard, so I could keep hitting the turnarounds and never risk getting caught at a red light.

·
Registered
687 Posts
it is

it is more then likely the brakes. i live in germany where there are autobahnsand you can cruise at 120 mph..... the rotors that they sell you are not good when the get hot cause they warp very easily. i have alot of friends here that have chargers and they have the same problems, you need to change both...................................................

X2, I put ceramics on the front, and "extended wear" on the back. Did not change out rotors, only because I ended up with the wrong rotors. It turns out didn't need 'em anyway, pads completely solved the problem. This an R/T with R&T mind you, so your specific application may be a little different.

I've them for at least several weeks, long enough to confidently say my dam squeeling problem is completely gone, and it was very annoying. After reading here so many posts about it, I never even tried the dealership - the pads are CHEAP and EASY to replace, and the dealer is going to turn your rotors, further reducing their lifespan. Warranty or not, I solved the problem myself for around $50 total I think it was.

I'm not sure the sure the specifics of the SXT's brake system, but if it's like the R/T, it is so, so easy to replace pads. There are threads about it, and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of advice here like I did.

I called Jeff at Pro Parts I think it was, and I'm very happy. They're west coast, so it took a bit to get the parts in to Michigan.

Dust? Gone, completely. I used to use strong cleaners (Bleche White) and scrub with a brush. Now, just wash with an older wash mit, but use the end of the job car wash bucket, then rinse.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I don't know if this happens to alot of you, but once my brakes get warm they squeek when stopping from 40 or better. if im doing 20 or so they dont make a sound but 40 or better they r so enoying. I used to just make the radio louder but i can't deal with it. I took it to the dealer 3x about my brake sound and they said they couldn't douplicate it. So my question is what is a good set of rotors and pads to buy. I do alot of city driving for i need real good pads that will last but i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg on them. Thanks for the help
my vote would be EBC kevlars, or green stuff.

thing is softer pads usually grip well, less noise, and last shorter than normal.

harder pads, last longer, grip a bit less, but may make noise...

also you get into the pad material as factors such as kevlar, ceramic, and carbon metallic.

most stuff thats good, you will spend a bit more. cheaper quality is a give and take to good stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts