Charger Forums banner

FCA Original Warranty Question

561 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2017 charger r/t scat pack less than a week ago with 29k miles on it. It still has original warranty and certified pre owned warranty on top of that. I’m noticing a slight stutter in the engine when stopped and I’m a little concerned. It’s not a lot and no codes are being thrown. My truck with over 200k miles has the same stutter but more noticeable. Since I have the warranty, would I have to pay anything if I took it to a dealer to check it out and they find nothing wrong? Like a deductible or anything just for them using shop time? Or does anyone with the 6.4L have the same small stutter and it’s completely normal?

#2 ·
My 392 is fairly smooth so probably needs to be checked out.

Some dealers may want to charge a diagnostic fee and then if they find something to stick on the warranty they'll drop the fee, so just talk to the dealer beforehand.

On the warranty, did you get a printout of the service history on this car? The 392 needs an oil change minimum every 6 months from new to keep the engine warranty intact and many previous owners didn't keep up with the required maintenance and FCA would likely have a problem with that if looking at an expensive repair.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.