Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting note, when checking the CARFAX on the 2008 Charger RT in dark titanium before I bought it, noted that it was registered to the FBI for its first 2,500 miles in Portland, OR. After I bought the car, I called the second owner who happens to be from my home town in Sidney, MT. He said when he bought the car for 27K, it had 2,500 miles on it and didn't even have its first oil change on it yet! He picked it up at an auction in Oregon. He ran Mobile 1 in it for the next 18K miles and then traded it in for a Dodge Ram 3/4 Ton pickup because he needed to haul more. He thought the FBI used the car briefly for some undercover work.

Nice to know that your tax dollars are spent buying a 33K car and selling it a few months later with only 2,500 miles on it for 27K!:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, and I was thinking maybe Mark Harmon!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nah, if it was in the PNW it had to be Special Agent Dale Cooper...

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
the FBI probably got some kind of discount on..... or they "took" possession of it ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've seen a homeland security R/T around here before. No markings except for a govt plate. It was dark blue too.
Very NCIS.

-GB

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nice to know that your tax dollars are spent buying a 33K car and selling it a few months later with only 2,500 miles on it for 27K!:rolleyes2:
Well actually, it probably was even less than $27K......if the 2nd owner bought it for that, profit had to be made on the other party somehow.....unless it was an FBI auction?

- Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts