Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My personal favorite from a styling point of view is the is the 1972 Rallye. I liked the styling of the doors and the headlight treatment. Mine was a 73 Rallye 340, though, so I had all the name, most of the styling, and only some of the power. . .So things could be worse than they are today. . .At least we get all the name, and power. . . :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
thegreep said:
73 Rallye 340, though, so I had all the name, most of the styling, and only some of the power. . .
That 340 delivered plenty of power, although by 73 the power was cut a little. Either way, a well tuned 340 could beat a not-so-well tuned 440. I love my big blocks, but know not to mess with all 340s. In fact, I'm building up a 340 right now and am hoping for 375+ hp.

I personally like 68s the most, mainly because of the round tail lights. Would love to have a B5 Blue or Seafoam, Hemi or 440, powered 68 charger R/T. I also like the 73 SEs because of the opera window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1969 for sentimental reasons ... my dad owned one. I also like the split front grill and rear tail lights more than the pre-1971's.

also a 1971 Hemi Charger for the reason a teacher in high school drove everyday.... we would get to school early and stand watch until Mr. Cole parked that rare gem.

The sound of a Hemi is unmistakable ...

and there's no substitute for cubic inches ...

·
Registered
37 Posts
lethal429 said:
68 Hemi 4-speed...because the lines are just beautiful :)
Love those lines. No split grill like the '69, no loop bumper or extra chrome trim like the '70, and very tidy tail lights.

I like to be able to say it's like the "Hitmen's car from Bullitt", or "Blade's car" (which mine had a chance of being, story for another time) instead of "General Lee".

The fact that it's in my driveway helps me choose '68 too, but that was for all the reasons above. And even though I don't have a hemi, I'm fine and dandy with my "little" 440. I sure do like your elephant car, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My favorites would be the 66-67 fastbacks. They aren't as popular it seems but I love the styling on them. I like any charger from 66-74 and any 2.2 turbo charger and the 2006 charger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stevasaurus said:
Love those lines. No split grill like the '69, no loop bumper or extra chrome trim like the '70, and very tidy tail lights.

I like to be able to say it's like the "Hitmen's car from Bullitt", or "Blade's car" (which mine had a chance of being, story for another time) instead of "General Lee".

The fact that it's in my driveway helps me choose '68 too, but that was for all the reasons above. And even though I don't have a hemi, I'm fine and dandy with my "little" 440. I sure do like your elephant car, though.
Thanx man...the 440 motor is killer on the street...it makes monster torque and can easily slay many hi-po cars :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Killer_Mopar said:
That 340 delivered plenty of power, although by 73 the power was cut a little. Either way, a well tuned 340 could beat a not-so-well tuned 440. I love my big blocks, but know not to mess with all 340s. In fact, I'm building up a 340 right now and am hoping for 375+ hp.
The biggest problem with 73 was loosing all the forged parts. <sighs>I miss my old car. It was sold to fix my daily driver, and now I kick myself. . .HARD!

·
Registered
27 Posts
68 hands down.

Reasons:
Gaping Maw of a front grill - no split.
Round Tail lights.
Round side marker lights.
Fuel cap DOESN'T say "Fuel" (seriously, I think we'll figure it out)

Don't think "B5" was the code for that blue in 68 - I think it was "QQ1" - but that's the color I'd want.

Full dream car: Dark Blue 1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 with black vinyl top, black interior, black bumblebee stripes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know I'm going to get hissed at for saying this, but 1987.

It was the year of the '87 Shelby GLHS. Best sleeper EVER! I've also heard that after the Buick Grand National, it was the second fastest US production car in 1987 (though there's got to be something faster that year).

Stock 175/175 hp/ftlb, Mopar computer upgrade to 200/175, or 200+/200+ if you know someone who does custom cals and aren't too fond of your transmission (I'm on my third one in under 80,000 miles).

Surprises the heck out of alot of people, and the folks at the Woodward dream cruise always get a kick out of it.

Later,
Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts